INSTANDA is an insurance software provider, based in London (England), that is challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software solution which fundamentally changes how companies in the insurance industry can design and deliver products to the market. We work directly with carriers, managing general agents (MGA’s), and brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model, which allows our clients to use our software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product; significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building our platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. With just 20 employees in the company in January 2017, INSTANDA now has over 120 employees based in the US, the UK, Australia, and Canada. We continue to expand globally and look forward to hiring employees throughout North America to join our team.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com and watch an overview of our business by clicking here.
The title of this role comes from the UK -- we are seeking a Configuration Analyst to join our US team. This is a remote role ideally located in an EST or CST time zone. Reporting to the Configuration Lead, this customer facing role will focus on gathering requirements, documentation, configuration and client support of the INSTANDA platform to meet our clients’ needs. No prior experience of the INSTANDA platform is required but exposure to the insurance industry is a huge asset. We are seeking a smart and technically savvy individual who has strong project management skills to join the team. This individual should have the ability to clearly communicate, analyse and be part of a team to deliver a solution our clients need. Companies in the US might call this role a BA, or a BSA, or an implementation analyst.
Our clients face technological and resource constraints which mean that new insurance products and/or offerings could take a very long time to launch and be very costly. With INSTANDA however, insurers can build their products, set their distribution networks, test and launch their products in unprecedented timescales – all without writing a single line of code. The person in this role will ensure our customers can successfully and easily do all these things and more!
Responsibilities will include:
- build and deliver insurance products for distribution on the INSTANDA platform
- participate in workshops and interviews with our clients and stakeholders
- effectively capture, understand, define and document business requirements
- partner with our service delivery and engineering teams to support design and sign off potential new functionalities
- support the UAT process of the INSTANDA configuration and of new functionalities, including third party integrations for data enrichment and/or reporting
- train INSTANDA clients/users about our SAAS product to successfully hand over the configurations to the business
- take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting
- travel up to twice a week to client destinations in North America during the beginning stages of a project when required
- 4+ years of experience as a Configuration Analyst, Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology, Engineering, Economics or Mathematics
- experience in a client facing role, preferably within an IT delivery capacity
- experience of working for Insurance clients will be central to your success (we’re open to the area of specialism)
- you will be an advanced Excel user or have a strong working knowledge of formulas and functionalities (VBA not required)
- you'll be able to demonstrate and provide examples of where you have partnered effectively to define business requirements
- an ability to write business requirements that gather the clients' key criteria and align these to commercial and technical considerations will be a key to your success
- we’d like you to evidence your use of logical reasoning to deliver solutions
- the nature of our business requires a consultative approach and the ability to listen to our clients, we will be looking for soft skills and client relationship management skills
- we want to learn more about your experience of managing interdependencies between your team, business and client
- we will want to understand your experience and approach to stakeholder management and understand how you approach commercial decision making, prioritisation and deadlines
- experience in SaaS and/or Consulting is an asset
NICE TO HAVES
- Exposure to insurance product design, e-trading or TCF guidelines
- Stakeholder management or workshop facilitation experience is an asset
- Third party integration experience, focused on RESTful or SOAP services
- UI/UX design understanding at a conceptual level
- We offer 25 vacation days as the standard starting point
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- Work from home with the exception of travel
- One year after joining the company, employees are eligible for share options
- We offer a competitive learning and development subsidy for our employees once they pass probation
- Please apply directly
- We are not working with any staffing agencies