Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population.
Our mission at Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever-growing population.
As Senior Project Manager, Real Estate and Construction, you will join the Operations team championing expansion efforts and maintaining our existing facilities. You will plan, design, and oversee the installation, commissioning, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, and structures at our offices and greenhouse facilities. You will play a key role in deploying new equipment and upgrades to our facilities. You will lead workplace planning and forecast with attention to budget and cost.
What You'll Do
- Assist in planning, design, and construction of our greenhouse facilities including organization and management of timelines and projects for greenhouse builds
- Lead financial forecast and planning (w/ Finance team) for organization
- Lead Real Estate search, identify locations, create financial decision matrices
- Continuously improve our design guidelines for our greenhouse facilities
- Proactively maintain and improve the facilities and grounds according to OSHA and other state/local regulations
- Manage and provide oversight for facility projects and contractors
- Assist with inspection of construction and installation progress for conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules
- Take the lead on the design, implementation, and maintenance of all critical infrastructure equipment (power distribution, buildings, grounding, fire systems, generators, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems)
- Take an active role in the Business Continuity Plan for Iron Ox facilities
- Comfortable with Travel to various states to attend to projects
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of experience in design, construction, commissioning, and maintenance of facilities (not necessarily greenhouses, can range from food processing facilities to manufacturing sites to on-demand services like food delivery and ride sharing)
- Experience bringing up new physical locations
- Attention to detail, solid communication, and highly organized
- Worked with local AHJ’s for site planning and permitting
- Experience leading new site bring-up across all necessary internal teams. Strong communication skills are a must as each new greenhouse will require careful orchestration across growing, engineering, product, ops, and sales
- Manage construction projects with multiple vendors (general contractors, electricians, etc.)
- Able to identify blockers and provide solutions
- Hardcore focus on timelines and project management with attention to budget
- Extensive training in safety practices (OSHA) and able to assess tasks/situations to determine what equipment is needed and develop/communicate procedures necessary to accomplish a task while ensuring worker safety
- Ability to consult manuals, read and interpret circuit diagrams, blueprints, P&ID’s, and schematics
- Experience hiring and staffing existing facilities
- Tech-savvy - no need to know robotics, but good computer skills and willingness to learn new technologies is a must
- Appreciates and builds relationships with local, state, and regional regulatory teams
- A passion for teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated technical understanding of the repair and maintenance of industrial utility systems including water, electrical, and fire protection systems
- Experience with drafting technical drawings in AutoCAD
- Interest in the farming, food and robotics industries and love the fun of the startup environment and its culture
- Experience in food processing, food production, and/or greenhouse production
What We Offer
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream
- You will be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
We are a mission-driven and well-funded startup, backed by the likes of YCombinator, Pathbreaker Ventures, and Crosslink Capital. We are headquartered in San Carlos, CA with our primary production greenhouse facility located in Gilroy, CA.
Iron Ox is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note: Iron Ox does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Iron Ox employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Iron Ox.