Primary Purpose: Experienced construction manager responsible for coordination of construction on fast paced, high profile projects involving multiple sites at once. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Team.
- Oversee multiple general contractors in managing and coordinating all on-site construction activities for multiple sites throughout the five (5) boroughs of New York City from conception to completion.
- Drive for compliance with the schedule, monitor and enforce compliance with contract requirements.
- Ability to make on-site constructability design decisions.
- General knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
- Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction contracts and manages within these terms.
- Plans ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Coordination of the contractor's daily and weekly planning process; monitor their activities and provide leadership. Assure they are maintaining project schedule and budget.
- Monitor and report on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends). Take actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
- Direct and approve the development and implementation of construction schedule recovery plans as required.
- Conduct weekly coordination meeting with contractors.
- Report weekly schedule and installation status to the Project Team.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- Responsible for the developing and adherence to the quality assurance plan. Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Develop safety program and maintain contractor's compliance. Acts as the Safety Representative on site.
- Monitor all extra work authorization requests and change order process.
- Monitor and control overtime of the contractors.
- Assist in monitoring progress and reviewing final payment requests.
- Oversee the project close out process including developing the punch list; responsible for completion of the punch list, and all close out documentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or relevant experience.
- 3 years at level 1 CM or 5+ years at Superintendent Level
- OSHA Training
- Knowledge of basic underground civil (trenching and small conduit installation) which is performed in busy urban streets
- Knowledge of basic civil/structural (sidewalk foundations) which is performed in busy urban streets
- Knowledge of labor and electrical unions
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Knowledge of EPC industry
- Constructability knowledge
- Knowledge of project budget process and tools
- Knowledge of department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management skills
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
- Project management skills
- Communication and meeting skills
- Time reporting systems
- Expense reporting policies and procedures
- NYC field based assignment across all 5 boroughs. Efficient use of urban transport via public/private means required. Daily transit within the city relying on subway/cab/walking.
- Start-up business environment - minimal process and procedures developed. Independent decision making and on-going collaboration with office PM staff via email/chat/phone required.
- Days and hours vary as per the construction schedule. Construction is often from 6:30 am - 3:30 pm Monday-Saturday, though there will be needs for off-hour and Sunday support at times.
Intersection is a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds.
Our unique set of assets focus on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Technology & Innovation
- Advertising & Media
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.
Intersection is the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for City residents and visitors with free public Wi-Fi, access to communications, information and municipal services across the City, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.