Construction Project Manager
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we are not salespeople. We have made it our mission to create a hassle-free way for people to buy and sell cars. We saw a huge problem with how much of a headache it is to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to put customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we have built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money. Customers can search through thousands of vehicles online, see full 360-degree views of both the interior and exterior of the vehicles before deciding to go through the purchasing process.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
Carvana’s Retail Development department is known for its team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, mentor and train others, assume additional responsibilities as needed while juggling multiple projects. Don’t forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the successful delivery of retail construction projects from the conceptual design phase through construction to handover of a completed project.
- Responsible for management of design, permitting, contractor bidding and selection, coordination of owner vendors during construction, and project closeout.
- Manages document control, including construction documents, A/E design, engineering plans and specifications, submittals, RFIs, daily reports, contract/change orders, closeout documents, etc. Creates and manages a well-organized electronic filing system of all necessary documents.
- Coordinates project close-out process with construction managers; tracking and managing drawings, reports, and other documentation from outside vendors, contractors, architects, and engineers.
- Reviews pay application and lien waivers.
- Maintains a directory of owners, subcontractors, and suppliers with contact information.
- Processes invoices related to project expenses, including, setting up vendors, ensuring the appropriate insurance coverage is obtained and submitted (including required insurance certificates), verifying invoice amount is within budget, and in compliance with contracts or agreements.
- Coordinates the processing of new contracts for general contractors, owner vendors, and consultants.
- Must be able to support multiple projects and present a high level of organization.
- Providing additional support to the group as needed, including booking travel, coordinating meetings, preparing meeting agendas, and generating and publishing minutes.
What you should have
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management, preferably in the construction or retail development industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support.
- Able to help create, develop, and implement process improvement(s).
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Adobe.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.