Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We want to connect millions of people with their favorite audio and create a service that people love to use. We believe audio should be easily accessible and that listening to audio will make people live richer lives. We want to improve the connection between people who love listening to music and people who love creating music.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Consumer Business Development team; we are responsible for Spotify’s strategic distribution partnerships. The right candidate will have day-to-day responsibilities to ensure that our relationships are a win-win-win partnership for the partner, the end-user and Spotify! Above all, you will impact the way the world experiences music and audio.
What you'll do
- Manage the partner relationship across various org touch-points, act as a first responder for the partner’s needs, define and execute on long-term partner strategy.
- Negotiate and review contractual agreements.
- Ensure that Spotify's commitments in a partner relationship are delivered (e.g., marketing, data reporting, etc.) as well as follow-up on partner commitments.
- Build deep relationships inside partner organizations across all functions.
- Coordinate with other relevant departments across the business, specifically Legal, Licensing, Product, Technology, Marketing, Content, Revenue and Premium teams.
- Work with product teams to define and support distribution strategies/activities together with the partner.
- Identify new opportunities to grow partnerships and unlock additional value for both Spotify and our partners.
- Be an expert on partner business and overall technology industry.
- Be the voice of the partner within Spotify.
- Interface regularly with teams globally; both via calls and video chats, as well as in person.
Who you are
- You have 4-6 years of working experience in strategic partnerships, business development or consulting capacity
- You have significant and documented working experience within the software or hardware industries/content distribution/platforms.
- You have experience working with external partners and you have the ability to navigate large organizations, work cross-functionally, and build meaningful contacts with decision-makers.
- You are an experienced negotiator, familiar with various agreement formats - NDA, SLA, licensing frameworks, etc.
- You have experience working with product and engineering teams.
- You are self-motivated with a bias toward action; you won’t be afraid to step in when needed.
- You understand that cooperation and teamwork are key to success.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.