Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a detail-oriented and customer-facing Finance Specialist to help our customers through the process of financing their vehicles. If you have a good understanding of lending practices, and are motivated to help people we would love to hear from you. This position is located in our offices in the Westchase area of Houston, TX and reports to the Finance Specialist Team Lead.
- Assist with outside lenders to ensure timely funding
- Consult with customers to answer incoming calls with questions about purchase paperwork.
- Collect and verify stipulations with customers to ensure all application requirements are met.
- Prepare and send paperwork to customers after a sales agent has completed the transaction.
- Follow up with customers regarding outstanding paperwork questions and to ensure expedited return
- Verify completeness of paperwork and hand off to Funding Team while maintaining a compliant audit trail of the documents.
- Familiarity with consumer lending products and practices.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in customer servicing call center function.
- Understanding of the importance of consistency, accuracy and detail-orientation required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism via phone and email.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess the ability to change priorities quickly as time-sensitive needs arise
- Able to adapt to a fluctuating workflow, particularly during periods of high loan volume
- Must be able to work both as part of a cohesive team and independently within set guidelines.
- Committed to providing exceptional service in a professional manner.
- Quick and accurate using internal online tools.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.