ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently searching for a Consumer Intern who is passionate about consumer public relations to join our team in our New York office. This position will encompass a wide array of responsibilities, with a focus on supporting programs and initiatives for our consumer clients. The intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and clients.
- Work closely with account team members to develop and deliver key client deliverables, learning the basics of the clients’ business.
- Manage the day-to-day admin activities for 1-4 accounts.
- Monitoring client and competitor media coverage and drafting coverage recaps for the team.
- Identify key trends to help teams stay on top of current buzzworthy news.
- Assist with compiling monthly reports for the client, showcasing organic and secured placements.
- Draft media materials, including but not limited to press releases, fact sheets, briefing sheets and pitches.
- Conduct research to aid in the strategy development process for current clients and new business pitches.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and program ideation.
- Create and distribute mailers, press kits, and briefing kits.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or an exception required under applicable law.
- Passion for and understanding of public relations and media landscape.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Collaborative spirit, results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against deadlines.
- Must be pro-active and able to operate effectively both independently and within a team.
- Basic understanding of social media platforms.
- This team has learned to thrive in a hybrid environment through a mix of in-person collaboration and remote work. We're looking for an intern who enjoys contributing in this hybrid work style.
- MS Office proficiency is a must.
- Familiar with the public relations, marketing, or communications discipline through past coursework, internships, or personal experiences.
- Understanding of media monitoring tools like Newswhip, Cision and Muckrack preferred.
Pay rate: $18/hour USD
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Zeno Group is the fiercely independent and global integrated communications agency, born from PR. We bring together the boldest and brightest talent to help clients across industries and sectors unleash the power of strategic communications. Guided by our ‘Fearless Pursuit of the Unexpected,’ we push the boundaries to achieve real business value and societal impact for clients. Winner of the industry’s most coveted awards including the 2021 PRovoke Global Creative Agency of the Year, 2021 PRovoke North American Agency of the Year and 2021 PRWeek Agency of the Year. We are honored to be a three-time winner of PRWeek’s Best Places to Work. Zeno has also been previously recognized by the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Zeno is a DJE Holdings Company.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
Healthy, happy employees make Zeno better, so we have programs that support physical, mental and financial wellness. Our culture and benefits are designed to promote flexibility, celebrate diversity and support work/life balance. We offer a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance with prescription plans, as well as short and long-term disability. Our Be Kind to Your Mind program focuses on mental health, providing a paid subscription to Headspace and access to mental health providers and other services through a best-in-class employee assistance program. Employees are encouraged to bring their authentic self to Zeno and participate in our employee resource groups which build communities for sharing and support. And while we love our work, we believe in the restorative power of time off with generous vacation, paid holidays and self-care time. Employees are supported in their pursuit of financial wellness with a 401(k) plan, pretax flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, life insurance and free access to a certified financial coach. And our unique ZenoFit program provides a monthly allowance to fund activities in your personal life that bring you joy and keep you healthy. These and other benefits are available to non-temporary employees in the US.