We seek a strong marketer with experience in media buying, brand, creative planning & execution and partnerships in a global company. You will drive and shape Spotify’s consumer marketing strategy in Japan to grow brand presence and ultimately capture the hearts and ears of new and existing Spotify Fans.
What you’ll do
- Develop, execute and optimize local and regional marketing strategies
- Drive initiatives in collaboration with both external and internal partners to ensure all marketing activity resonates locally, but is representative of our global brand
- Drive the partnership with external agencies on both media and creative from kickoff to execution
- Lead the consumer marketing team to deliver measurable user growth and retention and lay out strategic priorities
- Work closely with the Content teams to understand and help deliver content priorities, and support initiatives that will drive Spotify’s position in the industry
- Partner with the consumer insights team to schedule a regular cadence of analysing brand metrics, consumer analysis, disseminating feedback with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the growth/performance marketing teams globally to drive all facets of the consumer funnel. Localise global campaigns when relevant
- Work closely with the Marketing Analytics team to produce campaign retrospectives, to uncover insights and inform future initiatives and help demonstrate the return on investment
Who you are:
- You are a lover of music
- Prior experience with a global consumer brand in Japan
- A ‘roll up the sleeves’ self-starter with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience working in consumer marketing, brand management, or agency experience
- Media background is a plus. Experience with managing external creative, social, media agency relationships in Japan
- Experience in the full marketing lifecycle including devising, creating, executing, and tracking consumer paid advertising campaigns to drive key brand metrics is essential.
- You thoroughly understand the competitive digital landscape, mobile + social platforms and their impact on popular culture
- Experience and understanding of content marketing a plus
- You have demonstrated experience in tailoring global brands to the Japanese audience, managing marketing partners and executing successful campaigns accordingly
- A strong leader who is able to motivate, focus, and inspire a team
- You have solid knowledge of both traditional and digital advertising industry with a strong professional network of media, marketing and brand advertising professionals
- Proven track record of converting high-level business and marketing strategy into tangible, effective local marketing execution across channels
- End-to-end experience of the marketing process from initial briefing all the way to execution
- Highly customer obsessed and data literate. Able to interrogate market, consumer and customer data and present recommendations on market and consumer
- You easily collaborate with and lead cross functional, cross-regional teams, and understand how to drive consensus
- You can work autonomously in an unstructured environment
- You are able to change direction and work on multiple projects across a wide range of topics/businesses.
- You exhibit curiosity, proactively solve problems, and get things done with a positive attitude
- Fluent in Japanese and English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.