Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Designer (Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer) to support the Messaging Ecosystems team. As we grow globally, we have increasing opportunities to communicate with and delight our members and prospective members in new ways. This team focuses on innovating the platforms, systems and channels that let us reach out to our members around the world. You can read more about the messaging team’s impactful work at Messaging @ Netflix.
As a member of the design system team, while working in tight partnership with the Messaging product team and other Content Designers, collaborating side-by-side with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Analysts. You’ll also partner with our Globalization team to make our product amazing around the world.
The Role: As part of a cross-functional team you’ll:
- Define and drive messaging content strategy across multiple product spaces and teams.
- Create and/or iterate on message writing guidelines, incorporating insights from past tests and research.
- Create content design patterns and guidance for our out-bound and in-app messaging channels, scale language and tone guidance for global messages.
- Partner with other product teams and teach them how to leverage best practices and learnings to achieve their messaging objectives.
- Help launch new messaging channels and optimize current channels for tone, content and approach to engage customers inside and outside of the Netflix app.
- Lead taxonomy and information architecture efforts around experiences that define user permission settings for messages.
- Partner with product, research and design partners on the vision and roadmap, and impact how we leverage content design principles to drive product frameworks. On the Content Design team, you’ll help identify and lead opportunities to scale tools and tasks to effectively collaborate across teams and build consistent experiences.
- You excel at communicating in simple and meaningful ways
- You have experience designing workflows, design systems and frameworks for cross-team implementation.
- You’re passionate about systems thinking and have a track record of spotting areas to scale content design thinking. You provide both strategic direction and hands-on writing, and know how to create clear, concise product experiences that span UI and UX decisions, patterns, language, cultural norms, platform etc.
- You thrive in ambiguity and have experience identifying opportunities for product and process improvement.
- You’re comfortable working with multiple partners and products and connecting the dots to scale work effectively.
- You’re a storyteller at heart who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across channels that inspire and influence your partners and users.
- You are comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
- You balance and manage feedback from multiple stakeholders and apply sound judgment in incorporating revisions.
- 8+ years of relevant Content Design experience: UX writing, content strategy, short-form digital.
- Experience working on consumer messaging systems and platforms - such as email systems or mobile notifications, building content frameworks and templates, specializing in working on global brands/ experiences.
- Analytical thinking about customer journeys and content flows, framing and scaling content design solutions.
- Comfortable with A/B testing: Forming a hypothesis, designing a test, and building off results.
- Mastery of AP style and the confidence to know when to break the rules.
- Highly collaborative and self-directed.
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a plus.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for this role is typically $80,000 - $550,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.