The YouVersion Content Development Editor will curate, copy-edit, and create the daily short-form spiritual growth content that features prominently on the YouVersion app homepage and beyond.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people around the world to seek God every day.
In today’s world, truth isn’t always easy to find. We’re seeking a YouVersion Content Development Editor whose carefully chosen words will always point back to the Bible and the truth anyone can discover in it. This person will play a key part in the creation and curation of the daily content that consistently moves our Community to a deeper engagement with Scripture. This role is tailor-made for someone with a passion for both reading the Word and reaching the world.
What You'll Do
- Produce or surface content that moves our Community to take ownership of their spiritual growth and build consistent Bible habits.
- Create or curate written copy in features such as Verse of the Day Stories or Guided Prayer and other short-form pieces of content to flow together toward user engagement and retention.
- Search our extensive library and handpick content, like devotional Plans, to feature in a variety of high-visibility spots in the app.
- Own the final proof for all daily content on the app’s English homepage, because you absolutely refuse to let typos or grammatical errors see the light of day.
- Research strategies, felt needs, in-app user data, and cultural trends to create targeted, effective content.
- Reflect on the disciplines the historical church has leveraged to grow spiritually and explore ways to incorporate those practices into our app features.
- Learn from the ways other apps employ daily content journeys and analyze how to leverage them to apply to life-change, even outside of an app.
- Coordinate with contractors, interns, and volunteer writers to ensure all daily content needs are met and submitted on time.
- Ensure all written English assets are distributed to the right places in time for the volunteer localization process.
- Be the available resource for content partnership managers who may request occasional writing support for major communications to partners.
- Serve as the "second set of eyes" on high-impact content partner communications for alignment with brand voice, style, and standard English.
- Provide occasional scriptwriting support for original video or audio content.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Expert-level writing and editing skills—a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of work-related experience is a must.
- Exemplary theological understanding and knowledge—a postgraduate degree isn’t required, but it’s encouraged.
- An open heart to the wide variety of Christian denominations, traditions, and cultures who follow what the Bible teaches.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Confidence, decisiveness, and a resilient attitude.
- Adaptability to tailor your writing to a defined style.
- Ability to map, initiate, and maintain processes and project strategies.
- Adept at weighing multiple viewpoints and strong opinions while maintaining composure.
- Foresight and follow-through to take a great vision and turn it into reality through strategic execution.
- A willingness to get into heated debates over semicolons, ellipses, and em-dashes—and to mount a proper defense of the Oxford comma.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits that allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Please include a link to recent writing samples when submitting your application.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.