Refinery29 is searching for a Fall 2016 content intern for its Beauty vertical. Content interns will move across the editorial and video departments, assisting with a host of responsibilities ranging from interview transcriptions, photo research, set production, and prop gathering. Depending on the needs of their team, content interns are usually given opportunities to pitch and write their own articles and participate in their vertical’s editorial brainstorm sessions.
Refinery29’s content internship is designed to give interns hands-on experience in both the editorial and video components of our creative process. We’re looking for a talented writer and researcher who is also enthusiastic about global feminism, body positivity, and the inclusive philosophy intrinsic to the Refinery29 brand.
- Supporting the vertical’s day-to-day needs, including building stories, transcribing interviews, coordinating deadlines, and liaising with our creative departments.
- Supporting the on-set needs of our video department, including prop gathering and set production.
- Writing and researching your own story ideas
- Managing editorial story calendars
This job is for YOU if...
You are available a minimum of 3 full days per week
- You have highly developed writing, researching, and organizational skills
- You are a current college student or recent graduate with deep knowledge and passion for the Refinery29 brand.
- You are a proactive problem-solver -- you can Google with the best of them and aren't afraid to dig a little for an answer or solution
- You are self-motivated & communicative
- You are able to work independently when necessary and troubleshoot any issues that arise, but not afraid to reach out when you need more guidance or clarity
- You love interacting with people, whether that is over the phone, email, social media or at events
- You are detail and results oriented - ie. lists, spreadsheets, editing and recap reports excite you
- You are dependable and able to effectively manage your time
- You love to consume media and have a deep knowledge of the landscape - websites, blogs, magazines, newspapers, broadcast and beyond
- You stay on top of trends in fashion, beauty, lifestyle, design, music, and more
- You are always willing to pitch in for any task - large, small or administrative
- You have experience using Google applications, proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Keynote