We’re looking for a highly motivated content marketer who is passionate about entrepreneurship, ecommerce, and digital marketing.
Your task will be to create compelling content that helps our merchants build, launch, and grow successful businesses with Oberlo and Shopify. You’ll be writing new original blog posts as well as working on other content projects – what these are is largely up to you – to help drive traffic and leads.
Long-term dedication is preferred. We are looking for someone who will grow with us for many years.
Your role and tasks will expand and change as the company evolves and grows. This is an entrepreneurial environment and things move quickly! You up for it?
- Ensure the Content team continues to produce high volumes of relevant, high-intent content that is visible to search engines and legitimately helpful to dropshippers and entrepreneurs.
- Push the boundaries of what an ecommerce blog can and should be. We are obsessed with constantly innovating. What’s cutting-edge today won’t be in two years, and we want you to help us stay at the forefront.
- Follow an 80/20 setup, your focus is primarily on creating impactful content, written content but not always. The “20” in 80/20 will allow for other projects, which in the past have in the past included email optimization, video scripts, ad hoc downloads, podcasts, and more.
- Educate yourself on all things ecommerce and dropshipping. That means doing conventional research, but also launching your own online store, collaborating with the folks on our products teams, and not being shy when you have questions.
- Staking out all of the ground you can in the realms of dropshipping, ecommerce, and entrepreneurship. Inform our readers and keep them coming back for more – before and after they open up their Oberlo stores.
- A passion for online marketing, commerce and entrepreneurship.
- A strong grasp of content marketing fundamentals, an understanding of effective copywriting techniques, and the ability to write irresistible headlines.
- A solid understanding of SEO and know how to create content that ranks well in search engines.
- An understanding that great output requires great input – much of your day will be spent reading, researching, and analyzing topics in order to find original, thoughtful ways to help entrepreneurs succeed.
- Not scared of crafting long-form resources, video scripts, or landing pages.
- A persuasive writer but you’re not concerned with spinning pretty prose. Instead you value crafting clear, concise writing that is a fit for educating entrepreneurs, potential merchants, and existing merchants.
- You aren’t afraid to experiment and test. You don’t confine yourself to the usual online marketing advice available online and you think outside the box.
- A lifelong passion for learning.
Interested? Yes? Awesome! Please don't forget:
Your resume / portfolio / website. If you have not published anything online, this isn’t the job for you.
Links to three pieces of content you have created and are proud of. It can be blog posts, essays, videos or podcasts.