Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation.
For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
We are looking for a talented individual who can write crisp copy that speaks to our customers and compels prospects. You should be able to write copy for data savvy audiences that range from data analysts and data scientists to business users and C-level executives.
The Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining brand awareness through engaging, creative storytelling across channels including email, blogs, and web pages. The Content Marketing Manager will be able to make strategic decisions about the type of content that drives engagement, understand the nuances needed to fit that content for a multitude of different channels and audiences, and be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to tell compelling stories.
First and foremost, a strong writer who can communicate a lot of meaning through sharp copy and can write subject lines that people can’t resist clicking on.
A highly organized, detail-oriented work style who can manage numerous projects and meet deadlines.
A team player who is as comfortable with asking for help as they are with lending a helping hand.
- Create and execute compelling online and offline content such as blogs, email, video, podcast, social and other marketing collateral
- Work with internal and external resources to create authoritative content that aligns with various stages in the customer’s buying cycle, ensuring that Alation is well positioned as the go-to data catalog provider
- Contribute to the editorial calendar and its execution, planning and delivering against an approved content schedule
- Seek out opportunities to create and contribute guest posts to relevant media outlets
- Develop creative angles / hooks for new content
- Creatively repurpose new and existing content across social media channels
- Channel upkeep, ensuring all profiles align with brand; including bios, links, header/profile graphics, etc.
- Assist in developing engaging customer success stories
- Drive inbound web leads through educational, value-rich content
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, journalism or communications is desired but not required
- Exceptional writing and editing skills across all online and offline channels
- 2+ years of experience in B2B content marketing or writing
- Superior organizational skills and focus with an attention to detail and process
- Strong project management skills
- Be comfortable managing multiple editorial cycles at all times, both current and upcoming
- An understanding of the technical buyer, with experience in big data, data & analytics, and emerging technology markets
- Flexibility to adapt to a constantly changing market and internal demands
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting
- Experience with G Suite, Hubspot, and Salesforce is desired
- Thorough understanding and experience with key social media platforms; including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation-2021. Password is Alation21.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!