At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. A vital part of this mission is the content that users can add to their designs - photos, illustrations, fonts, videos, and more. As the company grows, so too does our user base, and in order to ensure we’re providing fresh, relevant ‘ingredients’ for all of their design needs, we’re continually producing and acquiring new content.
It is critical that all this beautiful content that is being created and uploaded to Canva every single day by our teams, contributors, and partners is consistently tagged and described by our keyword specialists. This is the cornerstone of providing a world-class search and discovery experience for all our users.
The Metadata QA Specialist role is to ensure the relevance of content in the library to the terms searched by our users, which houses millions of photos, graphics, and videos.
The Metadata QA Specialist will be part of the newly formed Review Team within the Ingredient Studio, working closely with creatives who have been setting the standard for content.
The target is to maintain excellent and relevant search results and ensure high customer satisfaction. This role will significantly help Canva achieve its goal of empowering the world to design by building the world’s best design marketplace and ensuring users have a wide variety of valuable and dynamic content.
What you’ll be doing...
- Ownership of the Metadata QA for Ingredient Studio
- Weekly quality review on Keyword specialists and create scorecards
- Ensure metadata quality for Canva’s content library is exceptional and continuously improving
- Monitor inconsistent output and communicate warnings if necessary
You’ll love this job if...
- You love quality assurance challenges
- You are driven by setting up and leading high performing teams
- You obsess about organization and avoiding problems when delivering products or services to customers
- You enjoy clear, structured and repetitive tasks
We'd love it if you...
- Have quality assurance and operations experience
- Team management experienceHave experience with keyword optimization and / or metadata entry
- Have a strong understanding of the English language, including a wide range of cultural references and concepts
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Know design fundamentals (composition, color, style, etc.)
What you'll love at Canva...
- Free breakfast and lunch meals prepared by our in-house chefs!
- A 7 am – 4 pm schedule in Makati (Win-win situation: fewer people on the road!)
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.