At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors. Our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
About the Job
Scribd’s Content Operations team is responsible for tracking and diagnosing all products available from our publishing partners so that the maximum amount of content is available to and discoverable by our subscribers. We are looking someone who is a self-starter to onboard new publishing partners, track the ingestion of their digital content, and work with team members, other Scribd employees, and our publishing partners to achieve team responsibilities. This is a remote position and available in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DE, DC, FL, HI, IA, MO, NJ, NY, OH, OR, TX, WA, MA, VT.
• Onboard new publishers, manage publisher relationships, and coordinate content ingestion logistics.
• Assist with metadata and content aggregation, normalization, processing, and quality assurance.
• Inform our company’s practices regarding metadata and content aggregation, normalization, processing, and quality assurance.
• Participate in Content Operations’s development and documentation of processes.
• 1-2 years digital operations or book publishing
• Experience working with classifiers and classification systems
• Knowledge of book metadata standards including BISAC and ONIX
• Intermediate skill with Excel
• Experience with technical writing and one or more bug tracking and helpdesk/CRM systems a plus
• Experience with XML, SQL, and UNIX/Linux a plus
• Well-organized and detail oriented
• Adept at multi-tasking with excellent follow-through
• Must be highly self-reliant and able to solve problems in real time
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience working at internet startups or prominent technology firm
• Work experience providing access to code or coding opportunities
• Experience working and thriving in technology-driven companies and the cultures that foster them
• Experience executing or managing special projects a plus
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
• Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
• Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly flexible Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
• Work Life Balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.