Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
About HomeAway’s Global Creative Studio:
The Global Creative Studio (GCS) is an international, multidisciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and an undeniable passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand and Integrated Marketing team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing, and delivering high-caliber multimedia marketing programs to engage and inform our travelers (B2C) and property owners/managers (B2B). We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on editorial channels, and technical initiatives that include content automation and scalability. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to grow and thrive with us as we tell the HomeAway story around the world.
Love travel (actual or armchair)? In the know on the latest travel trends and hot spots--or know how to find out? Want to help HomeAway travelers fulfill their bucket lists? You might be the Content Producer we’re seeking. Read on to see if this role is for you…
- As a member of the HomeAway Always-On Content team, the Content Producer, Curation will be responsible for contributing to the research, curation, development, and production of editorial content from ideation through publishing.
-Work closely with fellow members of the team, especially writers and technical producers, as well as social, marketing, and PR, to ensure a delightful content experience for HomeAway travelers.
-S/he will have the responsibility of ensuring all content produced and published adheres to brand and quality standards and is appropriately represented across all channels.
- Be responsible for outreach to destination and attractions organizations (CVBs, tourism councils, etc.) and must be comfortable representing HomeAway and the Always-On content experience to such entities.
-Work with the Content Project Manager to perform content audits and contribute to asset organization and management, liaising with CMS, SEO, marketing operations, and external vendors as needed.
- This role may be assigned as a team lead or support for key initiatives such as “front-door” programming, social integration, or video projects.
- Under the leadership of the Global Editorial Director, the Content Producer will be responsible for updating US content across the global editorial calendar, and working with EU, LATAM, and APAC colleagues to align on global themes.
- Minimum 3+ years working in a content, editorial, or journalism role for a B2C company or publication; travel, tourism, or real estate experience especially helpful
- Excellent research skills; knows that Wikipedia is not a definitive source and how to cross reference and verify sources
- Experience with sourcing and clearance of photos, videos, and other assets as needed; understanding of IP and usage rights
- Experience supporting global or geographically diverse teams
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint required; Photoshop strongly preferred
- Familiarity with workflow and collaboration systems (Basecamp, InVision, Jira) and content management/publishing tools (Jahia, WordPress, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; English fluency required; additional language(s) extremely helpful
- Education: Bachelor in Journalism, Marketing, or Communications or related field required; photography training extremely helpful
-Great medical & dental plans
-Highly competitive salary
-Target Annual Bonus
-Employee Stock Purchase Plan
-4 weeks paid vacation
-Free vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
-Free drinks & snacks
-Company update talks with our leadership team
-Free listing on HomeAway.com
-Electronic adjustable stand-up desk
-Discounted pass for Metro (Rail & Bus)
This job has been filled or removed by HomeAway.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Content Producer, Research and Curation job post.✕