When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 24 billion digitized global historical records, 100 million family trees, and 16+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain actionable insights about their health and wellness. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry, Fold3 and Newspapers.com is looking to fill the position of Content Production Associate to support our Newspapers.com and Fold3 web sites. This individual will report to the Content Production Supervisor. Qualified candidates will be computer literate, detail-oriented, and comfortable working at repetitive tasks with accuracy and speed. Furthermore, the applicant should be a goal-oriented individual who is equally comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
What You'll Do:
- Take part of a fast-paced production team that reviews millions of documents monthly and is responsible for their quality
- Be accountable to be familiar with frequently changing specifications and instructions
- Pay close attention to detail
- Have a strong personal standard of dedication and accountability for your work
- Work part-time for 29 hours a week
- Manage individual work time effectively and work well with others
- Perform basic image enhancement and manipulation tasks
Who You Are:
- The ability to pick up new technical/computer tasks easily and quickly
- The capacity to maintain a positive, engaged attitude while working at repetitive tasks
- Previous scanning experience and digital image editing a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED
- Accurately type 40-50+ wpm.
- Can work independently and self-manage in addition to being a contributing member of a team
- Display outstanding attention to detail while managing multiple tasks.
- Possess moderate computer skills with an emphasis on Office Suite.
- This opportunity requires the individual to work within the normal business hours of the office and, as such, is not a work-from-home opportunity.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means