Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
This is a part-time role designed to provide specialized support in project ownership, data management, and process improvement within a centralized HR support model. This work will be done collaboratively alongside a team of HR Generalists and HRBPs.
- Assist in compiling data, analyzing initial insights, and reporting out to the HR team.
- Complete changes for new managers, team changes, transfers, and other data changes in Workday. Counterpart with HR Generalists, HRBPs, and managers as needed.
- Pull Workday data and lead audits for the Employee Experience Team (EXT) in support of HRBPs. Drive consistent data cleanliness as they relate to people changes.
- Lead improvement in consolidating insights from exit surveys as part of the offboarding process. Aggregate data into an easy to read dashboard and share insights and anecdotes based on data summary in monthly review.
- Take ownership of specific HR projects, including cyclical performance programs (annual performance review), offboarding automation, policy changes, and HR process improvements.
- Audit focal data in partnership with EXT and HRBP teams. Run progress reports and assist in letter production and corrections. Provide note-taking for focals and provide HRBP support on an org-level within Upwork.
- Become SME in focal document support and comfortable with providing feedback with proactivity for tracking changes.
- Assist in centralization of EXT and HRBP resources and links. This includes content migration from the shared drive to the intranet for ease of access. Create a cadence for document review and updates.
Process Improvement & Admin Support
- Provide centralized support for HR programs by collaborating with HR Generalists, HRBPs, and other cross functional teams.
- Coordinate exit paperwork for terminations, track updates for forms housed in Workday, submit JIRA tickets, etc. Schedule exit meetings as needed and answer post-employment questions.
- Follow up with departed employees on outstanding items - coordinate collection of laptop, badge
- Support relocations. Learn the process and lead employees who are temporarily and/or permanently relocating in line with company policy.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Strong communication skills; effective listener with experience navigating conflict, sensitive situations, and unfamiliar challenges with ease
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to handle multiple work streams simultaneously
- HR experience with some knowledge of HR laws, strategies, policies, and practices; Eager to try new and creative approaches
- Ability to interact with people leaders and employees to support offboarding
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; ability to analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- A consistent track record of support, program & project management, and business partnership within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Seek out approvals from managers and communicate closely with the EXT and HRBP Teams. Exercise judgment and escalate to leadership when needed.
- Available bandwidth of up to 25hrs a week
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice