Dynamo Technologies is hiring a Contracting Officer Representative Support Specialist to support the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Offshore Patrol Cutter (OPC) Project Resident Office (PRO) and Resident Inspection Office (RIO). The ILS will provide on-site project management support in accordance with the guidance, practices and policies set forth in the Major System Acquisition Manual (MSAM) COMDTINST M5000.10 (series), and any updates of the MSAM and references throughout the period of performance. Support services shall include, but not be limited to; review of contract deliverables, development and review of project plans, assisting in drafting acquisition documents, and providing general subject matter expertise in these areas.
- Assist the COR with conducting cost and/or price analysis and develop as applicable. Receive responses and assist COR Team and Project Manager with cost/price analysis and development of pre/post negotiation memorandum as required.
- Support the COR Team with contract administration duties i.e. prepare contractor discrepancy reports, draft entries for the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System, request for equitable adjustments, cure letters, default packages, etc.
- Shall be familiar with price/cost analysis, contracting procedures, socioeconomic policies and skill in negotiations. The Contractor should also be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulations, various contract types including best value source selection and low price technically acceptable procedures, as well as be well versed in contract administration.
- Receive tasking from the Contracting Officer Representative (COR). These services include assisting a COR with development of Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Technical Assessment Review (TAR), Market Research, and Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) processes and procedures.
- Assist the COR in reviewing Common Access Card (CAC) applications and in the reviewing of assigned CACs every six months.+
- Assist the Contractor shall assist the COR with processing invoices for payment on assigned Task Orders (TO). Assist the COR with administratively closing out TO assuring satisfactory completion and inclusion of final reports and evaluation.
- Assist the COR with developing milestones, reports, and trackers for all COR type actionable items such as ECP, TAR, RFP, IGCE, etc.
- Required to perform moderate walking and movement through an active shipyard and OPCs under construction.
- Create standardized reports, presentation graphs and track the status of COR actionable items and process metrics on usage of the workflow capability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of shipbuilding processes, techniques, and procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to organize, plan, conduct, evaluate and administer contract requirements. The ability to produce COR reports, briefs, and presentations using the contractors’ provide data
- Knowledge of economic, statistical, accounting, fact-finding, and financial analysis principles and techniques (e.g., random sampling, learning curves, and computerized cost models) necessary to (1) analyze historical cost and schedule, (2) analyze reports of auditors,. Technical specialists, and contractor personnel to assess actual EVMS compliance and verify and interpret contractor developed cost and schedule performance data, and (3) project cost and schedule performance trends, isolate disruptive factors, and estimate final contract cost.
- Familiarity with DCMA and DCAA standards guidelines and best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing organizations (such as DCMA and DCAA), programs, and functions and knowledge of the overall acquisition process in order to adapt general guidance and policy and develop specific guidance peculiar to the PRO mission.
- Knowledge of the technical capabilities, functions and responsibilities of other contract administration service organizations sufficient to identify the need for special reports or assistance in evaluating contractor cost and performance data, establishing trends, and estimated final contract cost.
- Physical Abilities the required work shall require moderate walking and movement through an active shipyard and OPCs under construction.
- US Citizenship
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supporting COR in a shipbuilding environment
- Minimum of at least 5 - 8 years’ experience as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) or in the contracting field of study
- Bachelor of Science degree in a business/technical field with a minimum of 24 business credits
- Substitution for a Bachelor of Science degree will be minimum of four years of relevant experience in addition to the required minimum years of experience
Dynamo is a full lifecycle digital transformation company providing best-in-class technology and mission support services to our clients. An SBA 8(a) Program participant, Dynamo maintains SBA 8(a) Mentor-Protégé Program Joint Ventures, providing us significant scale and further deepening our capabilities. Dynamo’s mission is to lead the digital transformation industry and provide best-in-class solutions for our clients with a truly human touch.
We leverage industry leading practices to empower our clients, ultimately providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and information required to successfully achieve their strategic goals, while optimizing their operations.
Through our partnerships, boldness, and authenticity, Dynamo goes against the grain of a traditional government contracting company by providing top-caliber team members, delivering quality results, and always exceeding expectations.
Dynamo Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.