Zymergen is seeking an experienced contract administrator to join its dynamic legal department to support the needs of its rapidly growing business operations. You will take a leadership role in executing policies and procedures for contract management across all aspects of the Zymergen’s operations. You will manage our central contract database and related workflows, working closely with attorneys and business partners to maintain, improve and deploy form agreements, business processes, tools and training. You will add value by helping drive consistency and efficiency across our contracting processes as we rapidly scale the business for global growth. Reporting to the Legal Senior Director, Products and Operations, you will work collaboratively with all members of the legal department and our business partners responsible for Zymergen’s operations. Beyond your day-to-day responsibilities, you will work on special projects such as supporting legal department operations and strategic commercial partnerships.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of Zymergen contracts, standard terms and business objectives.
- Lead implementation of contract management for Zymergen’s legal department. Serve as central point of contact for managing contracts in support of ongoing operations, company growth and corporate matters.
- Primary administrator for contract management system and related business processes, including contract classification, dashboard reporting, follow-up tracking (e.g., execution, expiration and renewals), and project-specific reports, analysis and support (e.g., diligence).
- Support attorneys and business partners in contract drafting and execution, including initial drafting and review of counter-proposals based on approved forms and contracting policies.
- Own, maintain and improve form agreements and tools, including review cycles, clause libraries and drafting guidance/playbooks.
- Develop and deploy tools and training for attorneys and business partners to leverage contract management system, including tailored dashboards, targeted search and notifications.
- Prioritize and execute contract management system improvements, including serving as primary liaison with service vendor; synthesizing user feedback; defining, prioritizing and executing improvements with strong project management, stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Maintain strong working connection with business partner organizations, including proactive identification and execution of system integration, analytics and other optimization opportunities to improve overall speed and efficiency.
- Assist in special projects as requested.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills and self-starter who drives solutions
- Professionalism, integrity, good judgment and respect for confidentiality
- Undergraduate Degree from an accredited 4-year institution; JD preferred
- Strong project management & execution skills
- 3+ years of in-house contract management and operations experience, including working directly with internal business partners (e.g., Sourcing, Sales); strong tenure at a multi-national corporation, national law firm or other additional legal operations experience a plus
- Fluency with Microsoft Office application suite and equivalents.
- Experience with document management databases preferred; data analytics and specific experience with Cobblestone or other contract management systems a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow, website development and application of other tools for business process efficiency a plus
- Experience with making presentations and slides a plus
- Comfortable with a start-up environment, or willing to adapt
- A sense of humor and adventure
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Zymergen may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in the SF Bay Area, Zymergen is a science and material innovation company rethinking biology and reimagining the world. A World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, Zymergen partners with nature to create never-before imagined materials and products across industries – from agriculture to consumer electronics, personal care to pharmaceuticals, and more. The company’s materials are in use today, creating value for Fortune 1000 companies and major corporations across the globe. Our clients have sold over $1 billion worth of products using Zymergen microbial strains. For more information visit: www.zymergen.com.