Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 150 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The Finance team at Hyperscience is responsible for supporting the strategic growth of Hyperscience in an ever changing environment and for enhancing the company's accounting and financial operations. Finance team members are responsible for all day-to-day Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) activities, ensuring optimal reporting, governance, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and decision making.
This role will partner with the VP of Finance, leadership team and the finance team to continue building - and mentoring - a world class finance function, and establish business processes that align with our strategy, meet our current needs, and create an infrastructure that is flexible and scalable with both organic and in-organic growth. We have ambitious plans as a company and are looking for a Controller who can help us get where we’re heading.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Controller will manage all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, audit, taxation, treasury, and the refinement and development of internal controls, policies and procedures. Furthermore, in this role you will be tasked with assisting in all aspects relating to potential M&A and possibly a future IPO.
- Oversee all accounting activities for a Series D ML/AI technology start-up
- Plan, implement and manage the month-end and year-end financial close process
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and reporting of US and International compliant financial analysis, KPIs and financial statements for Management, Board of Directors, Investors and Banks
- Serve as the company's expert on technical accounting matters, partnering with other departments on structuring policies and designing robust internal control processes
- Lead, mentor and develop a high performing team and drive a culture of positivity and opportunities for long term growth
- Oversee the company's global close process and design, implement and maintain streamlined process and policy to enable accurate and timely financial reporting
- Provide direct support to senior executives and cross-functional partners to ensure a seamless flow of financial management information around the business
- Lead timely and accurate audits, SEC filings, tax and compliance-related reporting
- Coordinate with FP&A and Sales on the design, implementation and review of various sales compensation plans
- Help administer our cap table management tool, Carta, and be responsible for periodic 409a valuations
- Improve automation; responsible for evaluating, selecting, implementing and managing financial systems and software including ERP, Billing, Close, etc
- Manage annual external financial statement audit process
- Manage and coordinate all local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage accounting, taxes and withholdings process for complex equity transactions, working with external advisors and payroll team to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Work with FP&A and Corporate Development teams on M&A activities from initial due diligence all the way through implementation
- Own cash management policy and all treasury related items such as global banking decisions and cash investment decisions
- Review draft contracts and research technical accounting issues to evaluate accounting implications related to ASC 606
- Managing relationships with external accounting firms, tax advisors and other 3rd party professional advisors
- Serve as the designated finance team reviewer of financial terms and conditions in proposed client and vendor contracts
- Work cross functionally with People, Legal, Sales and other departments in any and all accounting related items
- Assist FP&A and analytical teams on budget and forecast-related deliverables
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 15+ years of relevant accounting experience and leadership
- CPA required and mix of Big 4 public/private a plus
- SaaS/Technology start up experience extremely beneficial
- Demonstrated experience scaling high growth SaaS/Technology companies
- Deep understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Ability to multitask, effectively determine priorities and meet strict close deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently
- Advanced working knowledge of Office, Excel and G Suite; experience working with NetSuite, Hyperion Essbase, Quickbooks and Salesforce preferred
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and incredibly fun work environment
- Strong writing and presentation skills along with executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and confidentiality
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
For Sofia/UK roles: All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.