About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSTION
Location: Hybrid in Alpharetta GA, Arlington VA, Houston TX
This role is responsible for all commercial aspects related to customer offers at the sales phase. This includes, but is not limited to, driving the process for commercial issues to ensure compliance with company guidelines for contractual, accounting, legal and tax aspects of the offers. Ensures compliance to applicable regulations (internal and external) during the bidding process and ensures a full and accurate presentation of the risk and financial profiles of each opportunity from the firm offer phase to the contracting phase. The role is crucial and active during customer contract negotiations and ensures a proper balance of the risk/reward relationship for each opportunity. This role requires a background in finance preferably working with large turnkey projects in the Energy Sector.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures adequate and timely support from subject matter experts within the organization to properly develop the commercial aspects of offers during the bidding process.
- Supports the Sales team in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project margin, cash flow, security and credit instruments, insurance, contractual risks, etc.).
- Ensures accurate communication of customer’s commercial requirements and provides an accurate assessment of the contractual/financial risks. Secures proper approval levels within the organization including to the Executive Leadership Team as necessary.
- Drives the review and evaluation of the customer’s contract conditions and ensures examination by Legal.
- Signs off the project pricing calculations and documentation.
- Participates in contract negotiations, and drives negotiations related to commercial contractual terms ensuring adherence to company’s risk profiles.
- Ensures accuracy of risk and opportunity assessments.
- Conducts the project handover from sales to execution teams.
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- 8-10 years of financially managing large projects preferable in the Energy Sector including scopes of Engineering, Procurement and Construction and Long-Term Services
- Advanced understanding of Project Accounting Methods
- Advanced understanding of Project financial KPIs
- Advanced understanding of Project risk management requirements such as insurance, securities, guarantees, liquidated damages, etc.
- Advanced understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions
- Excellent negotiations skills
- Advance knowledge of contract (EPCs/Services) requirements
- Good working knowledge of project management related activities
- Detail oriented with strong time management and project management skills
- Good working knowledge of Energy Storage Industry
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive management
- Strong background in using MS Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 25% travel as needed domestically and potentially globally
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or finance. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or advanced degree in applicable disciplines preferred.
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
#energy #sustainability #inclusionmatters
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.