Lucidworks is leading digital transformation for some of the world's biggest retailers, financial services firms, manufacturers, and B2B commerce organizations. We believe that the core to a great digital experience starts with search and browse. Our Deep Learning technology captures user behavior and utilizes machine learning to connect people with the products, content, and information they need. Brands including Crate & Barrel, Lenovo, Red Hat, and Cisco Systems rely on Lucidworks' suite of products to power commerce, customer service, and workplace applications that delight customers and empower employees. Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way.
About the Role
As Controller, you will report to the VP of Finance. You will manage accounting records, ensuring compliance with the given regulation, evaluating and managing risk, overseeing accounting, tax, and treasury operations. Keeping track of expenditure, analyzing financial information, ensuring the accuracy of financial information in accordance with GAAP, and coordinating auditing strategies.
You will be liaising with and working alongside, a diverse team of skilled professionals in departments across the business, supporting them in their financial accounting efforts, which includes providing oversight into control policies and procedures. Therefore, you must be able to balance key technical, statistical and numerical abilities with your managerial responsibilities. In this role you will supervise the maintenance of all financial systems, whilst identifying aspects that can be improved and implementing any necessary changes to support business development.
Your creative problem-solving and analytical skills will be put to good use managing the financial accounting systems, carrying out research on technical issues in accordance with GAAP, and reporting on factors critical to business performance.
About the Team/Company:
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation for some of the world's biggest retailers, financial services firms, manufacturers, and healthcare providers. By fusing the power of search and AI, Lucidworks creates connected experiences for shopping, work, research, and support. Brands like Morgan Stanley, Lenovo, and Red Hat rely on Lucidworks to power personalized experiences that delight customers and empower employees. Faster self-serve for customers and contact centers. Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way.
- Overseeing all financial control activities, including the review and analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and disclosures
- Providing executive management with accurate and comprehensive financial information to guide effective policy making and financial strategizing
- Managing the audit process and providing external auditors with the necessary documentation and support
- Collaborating with an executive team in establishing more effective operational processes and controls
- Participates with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Effectively cascades functional strategy and contributes to development of organizational policies.
- Summarizing trends, analyzing deficiencies and reporting variances to executives and management teams
- Understanding external reporting requirements, ensuring proper resources are on hand to meet those requirements
- Taking care of tax preparation duties or liaising with external tax accountants for tax preparation
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Overseeing payroll team and managing Payroll processing
- Responsible for managing a team
- Upholds the core values, policies and procedures of Lucidworks
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum Experience
- 7-10 years experience in a related role
- Acceptable background check
- Professional Skills:
- Excellent analytical, communication, decision-making, and creative problem solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail required
- Discretion & Impact : Contributes to development of strategies of a function or multi departments. Erroneous decisions will have a critical long term (typically up to five years) impact on the overall success of function or multi departments.
- Complexity & Problem Solving: Works on complex issues where problems are not clearly defined and where fundamental principles do not fully apply. Translates business segment strategy into functional plans and guides execution. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Collaboration & Interaction: Interacts with senior management, executives, and/or major customers which frequently involves negotiating matters of significance to the organization. Reconciles multiple stakeholder views to drive business results.
- Management & Supervision: Directs the activities of a functional area or multiple integrated departments through lower management. Leads team(s) to develop new methods and solve complex matters.
- Leadership: Sets short to medium-term strategic technical direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them
- Core Values: Honor People, Be Curious, Champion customers, Break The Bottle, Align and Commit, Enjoy This
Lucidworks’ salary range for this position is $150,000 - $200,000 USD per year. This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Lucidworks’ total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package includes (but is not limited to) discretionary variable bonus, equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, a variety of voluntary benefits, generous PTO policy, various leave policies, and many other region-specific benefits.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company.
If you need any accommodations prior to your interview, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.
As a condition of employment, at time of hire and continuing thereafter, Lucidworks requires that all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to the extent that they are: i) working from or visiting any company office; ii) participating in in-person company events; or iii) working onsite with customers.