Reporting to the VP of Finance, this role will be a key member of the Finance team focused on the continued growth of Massdrop. Overall responsibility for leading the Accounting, Insurance, Tax, and Treasury functions and work closely with the VP of Finance and FP&A team to drive Massdrop’s strategic initiatives and financial performance.
Here is what you'll do as part of the team:
- Design, implement, and maintain appropriate policies and processes to enable accurate, and timely financial reporting which is compliant with US GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Research and analyze accounting matters
- Manage relationships with external auditors and insurance brokers
- Manage all accounting functions including AP/AR, procurement, business process, consolidations, and monthly close of the Company’s financial results.
- Support the presentation of financial data and information that is presented or discussed with investors and the BOD.
- Oversee all insurance matters for the company.
- Prepare tax returns and all associated schedules.
And here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- CPA required
- 10+ years of broad Accounting experience supporting diverse teams and various lines of business. (Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred.)
- Advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software packages (NetSuite preferred).
- Experience working with e-Commerce organization and/or operationally intensive business.
Experience leading a company to and through an IPO or other exit event..
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey technical financial information to non-financial professionals.
- Interest in working in a pre-IPO, fast-paced, cross functional team environment setting.
- Fascination for and understanding of operations and managing growth in an online marketplace and the e-Commerce industry.
Who We Are
Massdrop puts community first. We create high-quality, custom gear, apparel, and products inspired and designed by our online communities. We provide over 2 million members a place to connect, discuss, buy products together, and learn about the things that are important to them.