WHAT DOES THIS ROLE CONSIST OF?
As the Controller, you would be responsible for overseeing all facets of accounting operations, including the monthly close cycle, external financial reporting, accounting for the movement of all cash including loan operations and corporate AP, and all statutory reporting.
WHAT WE'RE SPECIFICALLY LOOKING FOR
- Perform and manage daily operations of general ledger, accounts payable, expense reimbursement, corporate credit card monitoring, payroll, reconciliations and cash flow management
- Support loan operations by monitoring daily performance, providing feedback on best practices and assisting with new product and product enhancements
- Own relationships with Payoff’s bank, audit, tax, custodian and related finance professionals
- Manage broader financial aspects of the company including financial planning, stock administration, treasury, vendor management, insurance, document retention and tax functions
- Lead the annual year-end audit process with the external auditors for the consolidated entity and the related LP Fund (2 audits and financial statements)
- Responsible for various U.S. statutory tax requirements, such as income, real and personal property, franchise, 1099 and use taxes
- Manage monthly external reporting for related LP Fund and Trusts
- Manage accounting staff (2 senior associates)
- Must be a working manager and able to perform responsibilities as well as manage others
- Capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Strong analytic, organization and problem solving skills and interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to identify accounting and cash issues before they happen and proactively fix them
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and active CPA
- Demonstrated experience managing an accounting department and leading annual audits
- Minimum 7+ years relevant experience with 3+ years in a public accounting firm and at least 2 years private company accounting experience
- Previous experience with SAAS based accounting systems
At Payoff, we focus on what we do best: doing something we believe in, which will help change the world for the better! We believe in taking care of our employees, putting the customer first, eating great food, having a sense of humor, and getting things done.
We’re working on a big challenge and need team players, innovators and leaders to help us build and grow.
Perks & Benefits!
- Employee medical benefits paid 100% by Payoff!
- Generous vacation policy – rested employees are happy and productive, so go to that kids’ basketball game!
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that’s your thing)
- Craft beer Thursdays – we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment