Who We Are:
Work Market is the great enabler for the modern work experience. We were founded in 2010 with a simple yet ambition vision: to power the future of work. We help some of the biggest companies in the world unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth. Join us, and experience work the way it should be. Learn more at www.workmarket.com.
What We Do:
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
Who you are:
- A seasoned professional with a strong accounting/finance background
- You’re organized and have the ability to multitask
- A proactive team player and career driven individual
- Manage accounting operation including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish monthly financial statements
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Be the primary contact for the external auditor
- Support month –end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Minimum 5 years of finance & accounting experience with knowledge of SaaS
- Experience leading finance/accounting for a startup
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close processes