Thistle was founded in 2013 with a mission to make it easy to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, ready-to-eat plant-forward meals, snacks, and cold press juices to our customers’ doorsteps to empower our customers to improve personal and planetary health by eating more plants. To date we’ve delivered over 20 million nourishing meals to customers across the West and East Coast and we’re just getting started! The San Francisco Business Times named us one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area in 2023, and Inc. awarded us Best in Business in 2022 among companies that “go above and beyond” in both food and sustainability sectors.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Thistle wants to expand our culinary team with talented, driven culinary professionals to help craft the healthiest and tastiest food for our growing customer base. This position is ideal for a culinary professional interested in working in a unique kitchen that embraces teamwork and creativity.
Schedule for this role is: 2:30pm - 11pm
This position is 100% onsite in Vacaville, CA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work in a high-volume kitchen using industrial equipment
- Execute culinary production needs based on Thistle recipes
- Ensure consistency and compliance with Thistle's recipes, portioning, cooking, and waste control guidelines
- Develop and refine our cooking techniques and general kitchen operations
- Maintain a flawlessly clean working environment, following all outlined HAACP guidelines and safety processes
- Ensure that meal components are properly prepared and labeled with the correct amounts, dates, and meal codes for delivery
- Appropriately store and manage all food products to ensure safety, quality, and freshness
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects, as well as stooping, kneeling, bending, or reaching
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years experience as a cook or equivalent position in a high-volume kitchen is required
- Solid prep experience preparing fruits, vegetables, and proteins
- Working knowledge of using a mixer/skillet/combi preferred
- You have a CA or equivalent Food Handlers Certification - or are willing to procure one within 30 days of starting
- You can work a flexible schedule, including weekend or early morning shifts
- You are punctual and have attention to detail
- The ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds.
We are mission-driven and share a growth mindset. We let our values guide the way we approach crafting our healthy products, solving problems, and working collaboratively together. As a Thistler, you'll help transform the health of people and the planet by living our core values every day.
Be Human: We’re always willing to learn and aim to empower the people around us.
Think Bigger: We’re here to do more today than we did yesterday, and we figure it out together.
Build the Future: We tackle every day with the positive attitude of someone who can see the future and knows how bright it is.
Make a Lot with a Little: We get creative and look for ways our resources can take us as far as possible.
Lead with Purpose: We use our mission to guide our decisions and give our work meaning.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.