Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
As a Coordinator Chains your responsibilities will be to make sure that key chain hotels are loading rates and availability in a way that will allow both them and Booking.com BV to maximise the conversion opportunities of the traffic that we bring to the site.
You will also build the accommodations webpages and training the new accommodations on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and how to use the systems that can improve their availability and supply. Furthermore you will offer support to the Account Managers with various tasks at the office.
This position will be based in our office in Shanghai.
The main focus for this role will be:
- In consultation with Account Executives, Account Managers, provide information support to Booking.com BV for new and existing chain accommodations;
- To encourage and support key chain hotels in updating their rates and availability for a minimum of 12 months ahead;
- Ensure rates and availability are not just competitive against other sites but are also the correct level and variety to incentivize for visitors to make confirmed bookings;
- Investigate any connection issues related to rates and availability for chain hotels;
- Providing properties with information and advice mainly by phone, including follow-ups;
- Overcome objections and educate chain hotels of the online market;
- Assist the chain hotels on all aspects of our extranet;
- Assist in the preparation of market visits, operational planning and projects;
- Looking after IT/administrative related tasks;
- Assisting in additional tasks and projects when needed
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaker and writer;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
- Proactive, sense of responsibility and can work independently;
- Ability to convince partners on the phone to implement suggestions;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical and an eye for detail;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred.
- You already have a work permit to work in China