Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, much of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
The Creative Technologies & Infrastructure team sets technical requirements and best practices, drives new industry standards, designs and commissions the studio’s technical infrastructure, provides direct support to Netflix Original Productions, and stays up-to-date with advancements in professional and consumer technology that can help evolve how creative work is done. Our engineers and specialists are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews working on our Netflix Original programming as well as our internal production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As we scale to support the needs of diverse creative partners while continuing to foster industry-wide change, the Creative Infrastructure team is building state-of-the-art technical facilities and environments to support both internal workflows and content production. The Coordinator, Creative Infrastructure, is responsible for keeping technical design, construction and commissioning of such spaces on track. By documenting decisions and facilitating communication between engineers and stakeholders, project managers, vendors, and manufacturers, the Coordinator ensures alignment on the plans and their swift execution.
As part of the Creative Technologies group, you will:
- Provide day-to-day support for CT&I’s Infrastructure team from design to delivery of Production and Post Production spaces.
- Process equipment orders, invoices, shipments, deliveries and integration worldwide.
- Manage our inventory control system.
- Manage and track incoming service tickets, and assist in resolving the issues.
- Assist engineers with progress tracking, research, documentation and logistics on their projects, liaising with partners such as architects, interior designers, integrators and project managers.
- Assist with visual documentation of infrastructure projects.
- Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
- Liaise with Finance to manage department expenses.
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations.
- Help define and refine operational and project management strategies.
- Strong customer orientation and a helpful, collaborative demeanor.
- An ability to translate technical jargon into layperson’s terms.
- Minimum of 4 years of film/TV production or post-production experience.
- Understanding of production and post-production workflows.
- Understanding of common industry tools and production practices.
- Ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities.
- Ability to develop long-standing relationships across teams.
- A passion for sound and the moving image.
- Proficient with Google Suite including GCal, Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Sites.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana or Airtable.