SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Works with members of the Music Programming team to create superior radio programs as needed. Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. Edits materials and operates an audio board. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives daily assignments from Senior Director, Music Programming Operations or Manager Music Programming Operations and Program Director.
- Gains an understanding of the music scheduling software and automation system.
- Properly enters song information and non-music elements into music scheduling software and automation system maintaining required royalties data.
- Maintains Music Master library; including necessary attribute coding and royalties related song information.
- Develops an understanding of and perform audio editing, fades and inserting correct digital markers that sound the most appealing based on music/content selection and channel genre.
- Loads audio elements into music automation system.
- Pulls listeners requests and calls from electronic webmail.
- Ensures on-air hosts receive daily music logs and updated talent schedules generated from music scheduling software.
- Monitors assigned specialty programming for content and technical quality control; verifying accurate start time of program(s) and prepares programming for On Demand.
- Serves as an In Studio Producer, ensuring that live broadcasts air smoothly by maintaining proper audio levels, firing elements at proper times, troubleshooting technical issues under pressure.
- May assist Program Director with writing station sweepers, imaging, promos and selecting specific music.
- May write, obtain/record, schedule and archive Artist IDs and Interviews.
- May research, edit and disseminate show prep materials and line copy to on-air talent.
- Assists with the coordination of music projects by compiling research data, and learns how to interpret data.
- May participate in music meetings -- may monitor format charts, trade journals and music sales figures to be as knowledgeable as possible about assigned format(s).
- May screen incoming calls and messages and selectively choose callers and messages to go on-air, for the purpose of enhancing program content.
- May act as liaison to music artists during celebrity visits and communicates with music labels, as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 6-12 months of music programming related experience at a satellite, traditional commercial, and/or college radio station.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong interest in learning all aspects of music programming and a desire to grow into a Program Director position.
- Strong interest in music and pop culture.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, supporting colleagues and sharing audio material.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with and manage a number of different personalities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to be flexible and professional under pressure and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Microsoft Office required, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Music Master and Zetta, Adobe Audition.
- Operating a broadcast console.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.