We’d like to tell you a story.
It’s about a talented communicator who loves using words to help steer great results.
They could be a poet, but they’d rather use their gift of the gab to spread the word about an exciting product and company. A place where they can flex their social media tricks, tone of voice capabilities and, above all, help close sales and drive business growth. It’s not A-B-C. It’s great storytelling.
Our hero is in luck! Because it just so happens that Pleo is looking for someone just like them…
Pleo is the Fintech company that’s helping more than 10,000 companies across Europe spend smarter, thanks to our full spending solution.
We offer businesses a smarter way to spend money, taking away the stress of traditional expenses management and employees paying out-of-pocket. With Pleo, people are empowered.
Our message and values are already connecting. We’ve got offices across Europe and a workforce of 240+ drawn from over 42 nationalities. In short, it’s a sweet crew. We need someone in our London office to help us create content that closes leads, resonates with our customers and helps accelerate our growth.
Oh, you are fluent in other languages too? What a bonus! We're curious to meet people like you too. The kind of folks that appreciate good transcreation.
So... We’ve got a potential polyglot communications whizz looking for a chance to shine and a cool company with big plans.
That’s how the story starts. It’s up to you what happens next.
Things you will be doing
- Writing and editing content that nurtures leads and spreads the word about Pleo. We’re talking blog posts, ebooks, outbound pitches and beyond
- Researching and acting upon new content marketing initiatives that help generate MQLsFirst point-of-contact for organic social media posts, including sharing content and engaging with followers to build a Pleo community
- Offering content support to the rest of the Marketing / Brand team, made up of design, video, product marketing, events and more
- Become a tone of voice champion in the company, embracing our newish brand identity and helping others adapt their communication to fit
- Supporting localisation efforts across teams – from marketing and product to sales enablement
- Bringing a fresh supply of ideas and offering feedback on all of our different forms of content
Who you are
- Someone with copy/social writing experience from a brand that crushes customer acquisition and branding (in a B2B or fintech space is a huge plus!)
- And/or someone from the Sales side, who know how to spin a yarn and close a deal
- English language to a native level – with the highest standards of spelling and grammar
- Plus Danish, Swedish or German native level fluency is a huge bonus
- You’ll have a strong opinion about whether “startup” or “start-up” reads better
- Available to work primarily from our London office
- You’re not an analyst or growth hacker, but you feel comfortable and in confident diving into both spending data and performance metrics
- Great working knowledge of social media and the latest changes to the platforms that we can use to spread the word about Pleo
- You’re intrigued and motivated by conversations around things like trust, transparency and autonomy for workers
- You relish the feedback process, working with others to get your copy up to the highest standard
- It’s a bonus if you’ve got any experience working in translations, and also if you’ve spent any time on design/film production, we’d love to hear about it
Your colleagues say that you
- Can tell a story – and are great at helping others shape what they want to say
- Never have a comma out of place in your LinkedIn posts
- Love to learn and push yourself
- Are a great addition to any meeting, offering enthusiasm and ideas
- Enjoy the process of working with others to take something from brainstorm idea to first draft – to hitting that giant PUBLISH button
Show me the benefits!
- Get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Flexible work – and we really mean that. Work from where you want, when you want, for whatever reason you want. We trust you.
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Twice a year (give or take), our entire company gets together at a team camp. The last one was in a castle in Northern Ireland, and we’d love to see you at the next!
And here are some other nice things that we offer
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Catered lunch
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work.
Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
And being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance.