We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to help us elevate that work as our full-time, in-house copywriter. As a member of the ADAPT team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the accounts and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. Thorough research and interviews will be required to understand each client's industry, products/services, branding, and marketing goals. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
Objectives of this Role
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times.
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action.
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends.
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging.
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands.
- Research and understand the client's needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings.
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials.
- Collaborate with a team of account managers and creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product.
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion.
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work.
- Exceptional writing and research skill.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline.
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus.
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design.