Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Corporate Accounting team is seeking an experienced, collaborative and hands-on Corporate Accounting Manager who will play a key role in ensuring the integrity of world-wide accounting operations. This position requires someone with experience across various corporate accounting areas, impeccable attention to detail, a financial and analytical mindset, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. In keeping with Reddit values, the successful person in this role is someone who operates with an open mindset and “values the human” in all interactions. This position reports to the Director, Corporate Accounting and will work cross functionally as a valuable member contributing to the Company’s maturation process.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently lead the creation of new processes that impact multiple teams and use industry best practices to improve existing processes
- Assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures & in implementing internal control procedures (SOX) in areas of responsibility
- Lead the integration of accounting operations for M&A deals.
- Supervise the monthly, worldwide accounting close and ensure the timeliness of major milestones and deliverables to get the books closed.
- Assist with the global consolidations process within the ERP system
- Perform monthly revaluations, translations, cost allocations, eliminations for legal entities, and maintain supporting documentation and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial statements and trend analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Assess current practices and procedures, and assist with implementing scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards and the accounting for non-standard transactions as needed
- Assist with interfacing with the Company’s external auditors and coordination of quarterly and annual audits
- Participate in workflow design with Engineering, Sales, HR and other system administrators on processes, policies, systems and compliance
- Participate in special projects, analysis and reporting as required by management
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience; ideally, a public accounting/private industry mix
- Prior supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA required (Active or Inactive)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems (Netsuite preferred) and other financial systems (P2P, Payroll)
- Possess excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures with proven ability to drive process and system improvements
- Advanced experience in use of MS Office and Google products
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management and staff
- Able to work under time pressure, prioritize a high workload, and meet strict deadlines
- Positive attitude and open mindset, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility, dependability, and, last but not least, a good sense of humor
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].