About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
The Boom Legal and Policy team is looking for a Corporate Counsel to assist the company in building out our in-house legal organization. This attorney will lead a range of projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business, and they will provide strategic guidance to the company on various corporate legal matters.
- Provide counsel to company leadership to drive strategic business and legal initiatives across aspects of the growing business including finance, engineering, marketing, and business development.
- Participate in various efforts related to corporate development and governance.
- Design and implement policies, procedures and controls required for private company compliance.
- Negotiate and coordinate business transactions with domestic and international suppliers and partners.
- Manage different types of contracts, legal reports, and supporting documentation.
- Manage Boom’s global trademark portfolio and give strategic guidance on additions that strengthen Boom’s competitive future position in key markets.
- Provide counsel on collaboration agreements and other third-party transactions.
- Assist Boom’s legal team as needed on miscellaneous legal matters.
- Provide utmost confidentiality in all business-related matters.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with emphasis on corporate or contract law.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an ABA-approved law school.
- Active membership in good standing of the bar of any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Experience working with a startup company as a client or in house.
- Experience with corporate legal matters including constructing and negotiating contracts for strategic partnerships with suppliers, marketing partners and future customers.
- Demonstrated history of working collaboratively with management and business teams to solve complex legal problems.
- Proven thought leadership with strong organizational skills and business judgment.
- Highly proactive self-starter.
- Aptitude for maintaining strong working internal cross-functional relationships.
- Adaptable, resourceful, flexible, and creative
- Strong communication skills, presence, decisiveness, and poise.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Salary Range for this position is $150,000- 185,000 base salary and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.