Anticipated Start Date: January, June or September 2021
Management trainees in this position are primarily responsible for execution of analysis and testing as part of audits. Management Trainees audit various information technology processes including application development, infrastructure, telecommunications, positive train control, security, and operational technologies. Audits can also be focused on the revenue / finance and subsidiary governance processes, or operational processes:
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage work assignments and timelines.
- Under supervision, develop detailed test procedures that address audit objectives and significant risks.
- Interpret and evaluate audit evidence.
- Document work performed with logical conclusions and appropriate audit evidence and support.
- Present audit results, both in written and verbal formats.
Opportunities exist to audit the following systems, departments and/or processes:
- Application Development
- Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Database Administration
- Information Security
- Network Management
- Sensory Technology
- System Architecture
- Mobile & Web Development
- Project Management
- Telecommunications/Positive Train Control
- IT SOX and General Computing Controls
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Outlook, Visio, Excel, Word, and Power Point).
- General understanding required of Information Systems, including knowledge of application development, database administration, business intelligence, personal computers, and/or local area networks.
- Strong drive for results as well as superior communications and teamwork skills to be able to gather information from BNSF employees to identify and resolve problems.
* Primarily an office environment, with some field activities.
* Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
* Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
Competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program