At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the team:
The External Communications team is responsible for building awareness for Confluent and the event streaming category. As a team, we tackle massive challenges and have fun solving them together. Our ability to think outside the box and bring together diverse skill sets allows us to define new roads to build an enterprise business unmatched in the industry.
We’re looking for a seasoned corporate communications lead who can develop our corporate and executive narratives by uncovering new stories with fresh angles and evidence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop proactive and reactive communication plans and stories that advance Confluent’s narrative and market awareness
- Shape and execute authentic and compelling executive and corporate POVs for relevant business and technology press
- Build and foster relationships with key media
- Develop leak plans and statements
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop thought leadership platforms and compelling stories
- Create, develop, and maintain a repository of fresh content for executive and corporate communications, templates, messaging documents, calendar, FAQs, metrics, etc.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with public relations agencies
What we’re looking for:
- Approximately 10 years’ experience in a communications role with high-growth B2B tech companies (public company experience is a plus)
- Exceptional communication, writing, and presentation skills, and the ability to present ideas in a simple, straightforward manner
- Self-motivated, innovative, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong project management skills
- Able to quickly react and respond with grace under pressure
- Can operate at both tactical and strategic level
- While this is a non-technical role, the perfect candidate can understand the technical details and craft them into compelling stories
- Organized and able to drive a results-driven program
- Must excel in a team environment and work cross-functionally
Come join an amazing team of truly talented individuals that believe in each other and Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.