At LinkedIn, our vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. We are seeking a strategic, creative communications professional for the role of Senior Corporate Communications Manager responsible for driving and scaling our communications program for one of LinkedIn’s core lines of business, LinkedIn Sales Solutions (LSS).
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented go-getter with strong attention to detail, excellent ability to lead through influence, and an aptitude for and interest in taking intelligent risks. This person must be able to independently drive results, collaborate with a large cross-functional, global team and execute in a fast-paced environment. They should have a demonstrated interest in and passion for storytelling related to B2B technology, buying and selling trends, as well as a strong understanding of the business, technology and trade media environment in order to successfully drive awareness for LinkedIn’s Sales Solutions business.
- Responsible for aligning and guiding communications efforts across cross-functional and global teams as well as laddering themes up to a broader LinkedIn for business growth narrative.
- Manage the proactive and reactive communications strategies for all major product milestones and marketing campaigns for LinkedIn Sales Solutions.
- Responsible for the development and execution of thought leadership content for LSS executive leadership.
- Partner closely with internal teams - including the global sales organizations, internal and field communications, product marketing, product management, international PR and social media teams.
- Independently own the development of a strategy to further narratives around LinkedIn as a key driver for business growth. This includes driving execution of external communications around LinkedIn’s professional member ecosystem as our competitive differentiator for sales organizations to find opportunities, as well as the management of proactive media programs and initiatives.
- Work with LinkedIn’s PR agency to identify new trends, publications and contacts for trend and data-driven story development.
- 8+ years of related PR or external communications experience
- Well-developed and well-maintained media relationships and a solid understanding of the media environment
- Strategic storytelling and media relations capabilities including the ability to tap into industry news and trends and think bigger picture when creating narratives and media campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with lens for consumer/social media friendly tone and style.
- Must have fantastic organizational skills, attention to detail and proven ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Must have very strong project management and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in both a fast-paced and team environment
- Proven ability to work effectively with executives and influence decision making
- Possess a high degree of integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate maturity and good judgment at all times
- Deep understanding of the enterprise technology landscape, particularly sales intelligence and engagement technology, CRM tools, etc.
- Ability to position oneself as a leader with cross functional groups
This role will be based in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Chicago or New York depending on which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing.