You will manage relationships and objectives between the most enterprising corporations and startups in Capital Factory’s ecosystem, and they will see you as a valuable asset that helps lead them to increased productivity and innovation. You will act as a translator for corporate partners and startups to learn a shared language and collaboration. You will work cross-functionally with the Partnerships, Programming, and Events teams, as well as internal stakeholders and startup entrepreneurs.
Some of the largest and most innovative corporations in the world, including Amazon, Deloitte, ExxonMobil, IBM, and Northrop Grumman, collaborate with our startup community through the Capital Factory Innovation Council. The Corporate Partnerships Manager serves as Capital Factory’s primary point of contact to a portion of these Innovation Council members, assuring that each member is taking full advantage of its relationship with Capital Factory, our startups, our programming, and more.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, follow procedure, and plan ahead. But, when things change, you roll with it.
- You document well and can quickly access the needed information.
- You look for ways to make things better, more efficient, and create the system to do so.
- You have experience working in marketing, media, advertising, and/or events.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently with internal teams and external partners.
- You are an excellent writer, storyteller, are proficient in business communications, and can put together a killer proposal.
- You are skilled in key business systems: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Asana, and dynamic systems to work with multiple platforms used by external partners.
- You recognize systemic problems and take initiative to fix them.
- You work well with large corporations, know how to navigate them, build cohesive and detailed plans, create executive summaries, and know what questions to ask to understand your client’s priorities, mandatories, vision, and objectives.
- You are equally adept working with tech startups under shorter timelines, pivoting when plans change, and learning to understand their strengths, vision, and objectives.
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position for 2+ years.
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
You will know you are successful if…
- You have an effective, collaborative, and friendly relationship with each of your Partnership accounts.
- Each partner agrees that Capital Factory has delivered on every one of its obligations, and has voluntarily provided value far in excess of expectations.
- Partners renew and grow their partnership agreements with Capital Factory.
- You consistently receive positive feedback during regular check-ins with partners.
- The goals and needs of your accounts are clearly defined, effectively shared within Capital Factory, and memorized by you.
- Corporate partners are aware of all relevant events at Capital Factory and have invited the most appropriate person within their organization to attend them.
- You have a productive and collaborative relationship with the Partnerships, Programming, and Events teams.
- You support all members of your team, help when needed, share relevant information before it is required, and follow procedure.
- 15 days PTO (prorated based on start date), plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance (employee only is 100% paid for)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Co-working membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to the Omni hotel gym and pool