Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at corporate.pokemon.com and pokemon.com. And check out Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/Pokémon), Youtube (youtube.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Job Summary: This position will perform a variety of tasks within the cost accounting function reporting to the Cost Accounting Manager. The successful candidate will have strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills along with a general understanding of product costing.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Maintain standard costs in association with Bill Of Materials including fixed vs. variable costs.
- Analyze actual costs and provide periodic reporting comparing standard costs to actual costs to facilitate operational effectiveness
- Manage consignment inventory process including cost deferrals, revenue recognition, and inventory reconciliation
- Maintain purchase price variances for merchandise inventory
- Monitor inventory transactions and work with logistics and inventory control teams to resolve discrepancies
- Reconcile inventory and cost of good sold accounts
- Assist in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Assist in the calculation of inventory reserves
- Assist with annual physical inventory
- Assist in cycle count tracking and reporting
- Support internal reviews and external audits
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of accounting experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to travel domestically 2-5 times a year.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $91,000.00 - $108,300.00. The full range is $91,000.00 - $137,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.