Astera Labs Inc., a semiconductor company headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, is a leader in purpose-built connectivity solutions for data-centric systems throughout the data center. Partnering with leading processor vendors, cloud service providers, seasoned investors, and world-class manufacturing companies, Astera Labs is helping customers remove performance bottlenecks in data-intensive systems that are limiting the true potential of applications such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. The company’s product portfolio includes system-aware semiconductor integrated circuits, boards, and services to enable robust CXL, PCIe, and Ethernet connectivity.
This role will report to the Corporate Controller and will be primarily responsible for managing all aspects of cost accounting including inventory valuation, reserves, reporting and controls. The ideal candidate has semiconductor experience and a strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls structures.
- Partner with the Business Operations organization to understand performance, set and measure inventory buffers, ensure compliance with internal processes and safeguard company assets.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure compliance with stated policies
- Monitor daily cost variances, scrap, write-offs and other charges and work with Business Operations to understand and resolve large, unexpected transactions
- Manage the inventory forecast including future unit receipts and sales, future costs and cost variances
- Manage month end close adjustments for cost variances, manufacturing overhead, inventory accruals and inventory in-transit
- Analyze inventory for GAAP valuation reserves including standard costs, E&O and LCM
- Manage standard costs and coordinate quarterly standard cost change process with Business Operations to ensure proper valuation of inventory
- Reconcile balances between the cost accounting system and the accounting system
- Coordinate bi-annual cycle counts with inventory held at third party warehouses
- Support routine audit requirements with external auditors (financial audit and SOX)
- Ensure that adequate financial controls are designed, in operation, and are effective. Identify control weaknesses if any and drive remediation.
- 7+ years experience in Finance or accounting, and 5+ years experience in product costing and inventory control, preferably in a semiconductor industry
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and related inventory valuation concepts
- Clear understanding of internal controls framework
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong understanding of financial transaction flows and financial reporting
- Ability to identify issues and proactively drive resolution
- High attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.