Pandera Systems is a highly specialized analytics and technology consulting firm with a core focus in developing data-driven solutions. As a Certified Google Partner, we bring together the most advanced software engineers, data scientists, and technologists to help transform the world’s leading brands.
Pandera is now looking to expand our success by continuing to build our team of passionate, curious, and skilled engineering gurus to help deliver our products and services at scale! Join us!
Type: Full time
Salary: Competitive rate based on qualifications
Education: Bachelor's or Master’s degree in technical discipline; Master's preferred, or equivalent years’ of experience in the field.
Must be Authorized to work in the USA
The Cloud Architect role is one of many on a team of certified technical experts. Working closely with the Cloud Services Practice Director, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions based on the customer's vision and strategy, along with providing direction to the team as they build the solution. This is a customer facing position requiring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand a solution from top-to-bottom.
- An experienced Architect well versed in designing data platform architectures leveraging Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services Required: Couchbase. Nice to have: BigQuery, DataFlow, Pub/Sub, BigTable, Data Fusion, DataProc
- Provide architect-level support for data platform migration projects, which includes platform requirements, sizing, costing, migration plan, estimation of work, technical design documentation and implementation. From On-prem to Cloud or Cloud 2 Cloud
- Provide expertise in pre-sales activities where you will be expected to provide strategic technical guidance associated with Cloud Data Platforms.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the market for cloud services, enterprise applications, business process management, advanced analytics, and integration software.
- Develop automation processes/scripts to accelerate migration workloads.
- Data Warehouse and Data Lake migrations from on-premise/other public clouds to Google Cloud Platform preferably from Teradata
- Work closely with Infrastructure teams to size, scale and tune existing and new architectures
- Learn new products quickly and applies detailed and critical thinking to customer solutions
- Assists in responding to RFPs providing solution architecture for GCP Data Platforms and services, along with work estimations
- Build and tests proof of value use cases for customers evaluating GCP
- Lead the design and implementation of solutions in compliance with Pandera’s architecture and engineering standards
- Manage and design Data Security Solution (Encryption/ Access Control/Storage Management) and ensure legal data privacy compliance for e.g. GDPR
- Have an understanding of Google best practices/recommendations and should be able to align the same with the customer requirements to deliver best in class solutions for customers' analytics requirements.
- Preferred having years of similar experience on AWS Data Platform and/or Azure Data Platforms.
- 5+ years of experience in development, designing and implementing data solutions for enterprises
- Minimum of 5 years experience working on Data Platform (including Data Warehouse and Data Lake) modernization
- Experience in Architecting and Designing solutions leveraging Google Cloud products such as Couchbase, BigQuery, DataFlow, Pub/Sub, BigTable, Data Fusion, DataProc and Tensorflow.
- Familiarity with prevalent message bus and queuing technologies (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Strong background and exposure to databases, including both relational (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB) database systems
- Familiarity with real time streaming and processing of various data sources, including logs, time series telemetry data, unstructured social data and relational data
- Executed end to end implementation/migration of Data Warehouse and Big Data project using Couchbase, Google BigQuery, DataFlow, DataProc, Data Fusion etc.
- Experienced in AGILE, DevOps workflows including tools like Git/Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle etc.
- Experience and understanding of high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and disaster recovery/business continuity data best practices
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with leaders and developers
- Strong customer facing experience. Ability to present to large audiences and public forums
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, work environment
- Excellent communication, listening, and influencing skills
- Exposure to machine learning, data science, artificial intelligence & statistics and knowledge of integrating end to end pipelines using native, non-native orchestration tools.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Leadership of a delivery team through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience in large scale Cloud Migration projects.
- Experience with overall design and implementation of large Cloud Migrations.
- Demonstrated success in driving technology modernization and innovation.
What Do You Get Out of This? You are a hot commodity and having you on the team would be an honor to us! Here are some of the ways we pay it forward to recognize your contribution to our vision!
Be Healthy: Health, dental, and vision offered through top tier providers and sick leave to keep you feeling at the top of your game.
Be Inspired: Collaborative workspace, personal days, paid birthday off, and vacation time to keep your mind fresh and ready to take on the next new idea.
Be Rewarded: A competitive salary and company matched 401k plans are only a few of the rewards for a job well done.
Be Supported: A large network of industry experts, internal training platform, and external learning opportunities to grow your skills and experience.
Be a Team: Team outings, vitual happy hours, passion presentations, volunteer opportunities, meetups, etc. we are creating a community to continuously share and grow as a team.