As Counsel, Health at Magic Leap, you will work on a broad range of legal issues to support our Health Business Unit as it develops and commercializes spatial computing products, capabilities and services in the MedTech and HealthTech space .
- Focusing on the company’s health software and hardware platform, work with and actively engage cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, business development, security, finance, sales, and marketing teams, to intelligently evaluate risk in connection with products throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development and sales in the MedTech and HealthTech space, including with respect to hardware, software, cloud, marketing, and e-commerce issues.
- Advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of products pre-launch, and monitor continued compliance post-launch, including those relevant to sales and marketing of products to health care professionals (e.g., FDA regulations (Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act), EU (MDD/MDR), privacy (HIPAA).
- Advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of product labeling ( on device, packaging and manuals)
- Provide ideas and insights into how the company can work within the law to build fantastic products for its customers.
- 4 years of legal experience working in an AM Law 100 law firm and/or in-house (preferably at a medical device or other wearable company) as an attorney providing guidance on issues related to healthcare and product development in the U.S. and globally.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association-accredited law school, membership in at least one recognized bar, and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in-house.
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal aspects of product development in the healthcare space
- An innovative and effective approach to solve complex legal issues in order to support strategic business initiatives.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Familiarity with licensing and technology transactions.
- Enthusiasm for/early adoption of new technologies.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.