You will be driving efficient communication and best practices, setting and attaining goals, developing staff, and articulating and operationalizing the company’s value proposition.
In this role you will also maintain high level relationships across the industry while successfully elevating the company’s revenue and profile within the current client and retail base, and you will act as primary conduit for new business opportunities to drive the business.
What you will do:
● Manage relationships with distributed music clients across a variety of genres, including high touch frontline and high volume catalog labels.
● Attract, sign and retain new talent in order to grow The Orchard’s direct to artist business.
● Oversee high level retail relationships and ensure best practices across all retail outlets. Manage, coordinate and optimize local physical supply chain, troubleshoot any issues across the supply chain and ensure accurate reporting.
● Manage and coordinate all local office and HR related matters (vacation planning, equipment requirements, and any other office requirements, etc.).
● Liaise and coordinate between local SME departments and Orchard HQ.
● Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary.
● Manage local label release communication and logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems.
● Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the client base.
● Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required.
● Assist with content acquisition and business development.
● Liaise with various internal departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management, to ensure all client and retail partner business needs are met.
Who you are:
● Strong experience and understanding of the local and international music industry and digital landscape.
● Experience within a label or distribution company managing catalogues, frontline releases and relationships.
● Expertise using content management systems and digital metadata across a variety of genres.
● Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
● Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
● Music connoisseur and lover, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows
● Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and able to travel internationally.
What we give you:
● You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
● A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
● We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.