Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve more than 10 billion pieces of content (GIFs, Stickers, etc.) per day, to a daily user reach of 700+ million.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
As Creative Director, you’ll join the GIPHY Studios department and oversee our team of in-house art directors, artists, and motion designers who create all branded and partner content. We’re looking for the ideal combination of managerial skills, creative chops, and brand/agency experience. You will help push GIPHY’s creative boundaries in the ad space by leading our talented team of artists and elevating their execution of branded ad campaigns.
As part of the application process, please share links to a portfolio or other work samples in the form below.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead GIPHY’s team of art directors, artists, and motion designers, including managing strategic direction, delegating work, providing feedback and troubleshooting, training creative staff, and recruiting new team members
- Collaborate with other GIPHY leaders and teams (Creative Strategy, Content, Sales, Production) to develop brand and partner campaigns, ensuring that all creatives are best-in-class, on brief, and on time
- Translate marketing and revenue objectives into clear creative strategies for the Studios department
- Partner with the Studios and Revenue teams to optimize workflows & processes
- Improve future campaigns and establish GIF advertising best practices through campaign analytics
- Push the creative boundaries of short-form branded content creation, specifically for GIFs, stickers, and video, while also keeping content valuable and safe for brands
Who You Are:
- 8-10 years of relevant industry experience (branded content/new media/creative production)
- Experience managing an in-house creative team and leading them through successful branded advertising campaigns
- Strong understanding of the advertising life-cycle and relevant parties (brands, types of agencies, etc)
- Experience incorporating brand values into content, and directing high-quality creative and brand design
- Knowledge of the latest trends in new media, video, television, design, advertising, and marketing in order to inform creative campaigns
- Skilled in organization, resource allocation, project management, and overseeing multiple projects and people at a given time
- Familiar with various GIF/sticker content types and creation techniques - animation, stop motion, video, etc
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Background in Keynote, Google Suite, Powerpoint, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere, and Animate)
- Experience working directly with talent, clients, other agencies, and other creators to collaborate on campaigns
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, 4 month maternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), 1 month paternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), free lunch every day, free gym membership and lots of other fun perks.