The role reports to the CMO of Intersection, and will be a key member the Marketing leadership team. This leader will manage a team of visual designers, photographers, and other design professionals-- both full-time employees, and contractors. The team will support Marketing, Product and other Internal clients, and will also begin to grow our external creative development capability, that will include identifying and employing best practices in our new digital channels.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Creative leadership for our content strategy to make LinkNYC a beloved part of our community, and showcase our real-time, interactive and hyperlocal capabilities. Create buzz!
- Develop and curate best practices for advertisers on our links.
- Help build out our brand voices, look and feel, and messaging, and create appropriate brand standards documentation and approval process to maintain brand integrity and quality across all company materials,
- Manage the teams that create all visual material in all channels to support Marketing, Product, other Internal teams, and eventually client needs. This includes digital advertising, websites, sales decks, emails, social creative, LInkNYC content and other paid and unpaid ads, other outdoor ads, internal communications, corporate identity, event materials, video, photography, and more.
- Oversee process for effectively vetting and deploying freelancers in NYC and other markets, including photographers, videographers, visual designers, etc.
- Prioritize work for resources, and manage to deadline commitments, employing relevant tools as appropriate (eg Jira, etc.)
- Partner with analytics manager to identify best practices, and incorporate them into daily work of the teams.
- Partner with product, UX, and other teams to put in place infrastructure to allow scalable production of visual assets.
- Inspire and develop a team of designers and photographers across the country. Drive high levels of Employee satisfaction on your team and across the company.
- Highly creative New Yorker, passionate and excited about our mission.
Natural people leader able to organize, motivate and develop teams to meet business goals
- Ability to balance creative orientation with practical business needs.
- Strong action orientation and willingness to jump in to get it done.
- Solid experience creating visual assets in all digital and traditional channels, and strong design sense and aesthetic that is a great match with the Intersection and Link brands.
- Great track record of building solid and functional partnerships and teams
- Up to date knowledge of the latest graphic styles, website and communication designs, skills, software and platforms.
- Ability to identify, attract and develop talent on your team.
- Ideally, a network of freelancers to augment existing team efforts .
- Strong overall communications skills and comfort interacting with senior executives.
- Expertise in Adobe CS6 or CC, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Familiarity with Google Slides and Keynote a plus.
- Bachelor's degree and tech experience preferred. Start up experience also helpful.
Please submit a portfolio with your application to be considered for this position.
Intersection develops cutting-edge media platforms, such as MTA On the Go and LinkNYC, and offers nationwide media assets to provide our advertising clients the scale, insights, and creative solutions they need to reach audiences and spark engaging connections, all while helping fund valuable public services. Our mission is to reimagine human interaction, connectivity, and advertising.
With 10 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we are technologists, media experts, engineers, designers, and strategists working together to create value for citizens, governments, and brands and improve life in cities around the globe.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer