Metromile is a start-up with a soft spot for cars, a roadmap of great ideas, and a desire to seriously challenge the status quo. You could think of us as the David to the auto insurance industry's Goliath. Our product leverages mobile technology, automotive telematics, and data-driven applications to make a car's data accessible AND useful to modern drivers.
Our app crunches all the data to offer: trip stats, decoded check-engine lights, street sweeping alerts, and car location. For those who don't log a lot of miles each year, we offer the revolutionary alternative of pay-per-mile insurance.
Why pay for the all-you-can-eat buffet when all you eat is the salad?
We're just getting started, so come disrupt more age-old traditions with us. Buckle up and get ready to drive with Metromile.
About the Creative Director role
The Creative Director is responsible for the creative vision, look, feel, and tone of the brand, with the goal of creating the most unique, distinctive, and engaging brand in our category. This person will direct our brand design efforts (both internal and external), build and manage the brand creative team, and still be hands on throughout the entire design process including execution. Creativity, collaborative spirit, detail and quality orientation, and relentless energy and desire are essential to success. This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop creative marketing programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and advance our brand
- Build and manage internal creative team (including visual and web design, creative writing, and videography)
- Manage external creative agencies and designers as needed
- Advise and coordinate with all parts of the company, including product, sales, and support, to ensure consistency and quality of brand experience at every touchpoint
- Maintain brand guidelines
- Consistently deliver timely, high quality executions of brand experiences
- Partner with the Head of Experience Design to ensure a cohesive experience for all channels
- 6-8+ years of applied marketing design experience in consumer technology
- 3+ years experience in management or leadership (organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments)
- Experience designing across a variety of platforms and channels (web, mobile, print, email, video, etc), including a sense of product design
- Portfolio examples of sophisticated design which highlight your end-to-end design process from concept through pixel-perfect designs
- A strong customer-centric mindset-- you are always thinking about how all the different touchpoints with customers add up to a cohesive experience across all channels and platforms
- Experience with the usual arsenal of design software packages and tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.)
- Detail oriented with a collaborative process and spirit
Bonus points for:
- A degree in design, visual communication, or another related field
- Experience designing consumer technology products
What’s in it for you
- Competitive base salary and commission
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Transportation and gym benefits
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Beer o’clock every Friday
- Monthly social events (Trivia nights, skeeball, ropes course, etc)
- Mac equipment and ergonomic work station, customized to your specs