At Funding Circle, a mission drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward currently lending EUR 2.6 Billion a year. With teams in London, San Francisco, Denver, Amsterdam and Berlin, we are fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Credit Analyst / (Junior) Underwriter for our office in Berlin to...
- Analyse financial statements and evaluate external credit reference agency data to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit to small and medium-sized enterprises in Germany
- Assess debt-service ability and take credit decisions within your authority in compliance with internal policies
- Interpret and evaluate markets & industry trends
- Make recommendations for the ongoing development of systems, processes and business practices to provide improvements in efficiency and capacity in close cooperation with our international teams
- Provide appropriate advice and guidance to colleagues ensuring that commercial opportunities are maximized without compromising Funding Circle’s risk management
We are looking for...
- Bank apprenticeship or university degree in finance, business or economics
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience in SME lending or corporate banking
- Strong analytical skills and good knowledge of German GAAP (HGB)
- An ambitious person with an inquisitive mindset, open to change and willing to challenge status quo while rolling up sleeves
- Eager to work in close partnership with Sales and Risk to succeed in transforming how SMEs get access to finance in Germany
- Fluent German & English
What we offer...
- You will be joining a fast growing and dynamic team located in the heart of Berlin – Kreuzberg.
- You will have exposure to constant deal flow, highly motivated and talented people across the globe who work together in an environment where hierarchies do not matter but passion and drive do.
- You will be given the opportunity to contribute your ideas, show initiative and help us change the financial world.
Up for a challenge?