Who we are:
The opportunity to offer mainstream mortgages to customers aged 55+ was opened up by the FCA in 2018 when they permitted a new class of interest only mortgage, known as a Retirement Interest Only (RIO) mortgage, that is only repayable upon death. RIOs unlocked the potential to access a vast market opportunity that can generate some £80 billion of new mortgage originations per year, an opportunity that is today very poorly served by existing financial providers.
LiveMore Capital was formed in 2019 as a specialist lender focused on this opportunity and started business mid-year 2020, despite the pandemic. LiveMore has captured rapid interest among intermediaries and end customers with rapidly growing completions and mortgage originations.
This role will be responsible for helping develop the most sophisticated affordability calculator in the market, extracting and querying data in a management friendly format, and analytical requirements related to both loan origination and portfolio management.
The role reports into the executive management team of LiveMore Capital and offers the opportunity for involvement across many aspects of our rapidly evolving business.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Monitoring cash flows of the Credit portfolio and maintain the cash flow projections model
- Designing innovative models for different life stages (pre and post retirement)
- Designing, building and maintaining a proprietary Affordability Model which is:
- compliant with our Credit Policy and relevant FCA regulation and:
- integrated as part of the automated workflow used for case management and underwriting of mortgages,
- used and presented in a manner that demonstrates best in class UX standards for affordability inputs and outputs across multiple “life stages” as income and expenditure evolve until death, and
- is in a form that enables underwriters to generate multiple iterations of Affordability using different assumptions e.g. amount of debt consolidated
- Working in partnership with Tech teams to ensure the Affordability Model is effectively deployed via our Tech platform
- Working with credit bureau data to enhance our analysis and understanding of IO mortgages held by later life customers.
- Designing and delivering MI/BI around loan originations
- Designing and delivering MI/BI around loan portfolio, projections and stress testing
- Using credit bureau data to infer behaviour patterns and to extrapolate these onto projections that combine originated loans and hypothetical loans
We’re looking for an ambitious individual with a finance background who can combine strong technical skills with a commercial instinct.
- Modelling credit risk
- In either credit analysis, banking industry, securitisation market, risk management or mortgage industry
- Superior modelling and data manipulation capabilities in Excel
- Experience of handling credit bureau data
- Experience of extracting and analysing data to enable efficient management review and query
- Modelling mortgage portfolios (or comparable credit asset) in detail, and ability to stress test them in multiple ways
- Python and related languages
- Creative thinking behind credit risk modelling abiding by regulatory and credit rating framework
- Compelling and clear communicator, able to deliver concise opinions, facts and arguments
- Analytical and solutions focussed
- Collaborator, able to work across and part of teams as well as alone using own initiative
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Attracted to the challenge of breaking new ground in a rapidly emerging market segment
You’d be joining a highly professional and ethical finance provider with an innovative culture that sees its product as a means of generating significant benefits for a market segment that is currently poorly served by the financial sector.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation (base + equity).
- A compelling mission, to simplify lending for an underserved segment of society; and
- An exceptional team, bringing diverse experience from not only the mortgage lending space but also the worlds of technology, strategy consulting, banking, private equity, hedge funds and credit.