Smarkets has revolutionised peer-to-peer trading on events, ranging from sports to current affairs and political events. We’ve built a platform that operates like a stock exchange, yet is easy to use and has handled over £13 billion worth of trades since 2010. We also have a progressive, transparent and collaborative work environment, having featured in the press for our different approach to people management.
We are looking for a CRM Lead to develop our customer retention marketing capabilities and join our growing Marketing team at our Headquarters at St Katharine Docks. The ideal candidate will have specialist knowledge and extensive experience in customer communication planning and execution. This position will report directly to the
Director of Marketing.
A good cultural and team fit is very important to us so you can expect that in our interview process! At the end of the day we spend most of our time at work so we want to ensure that new team members add to a great work environment.
As the CRM Lead at Smarkets, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, managing and executing an overall, multi-channel CRM strategy to engage customers with personalized, targeted and relevant marketing across all life-cycle stages, based on customer segmentation, campaign or behaviour insights.
- Working closely with Data team members to ensure effective and timely end-to-end operational delivery of CRM programs for all campaigns across email, SMS, push and web messaging
- Proactively monitoring current customer KPIs and CRM campaign effectiveness. Identifying enhancements and opportunities for automation and scale.
- Driving strategic planning and developing a solid engagement calendar for the program in partnership with key stakeholders
- Articulating the voice of our customers and influencing internally
- Collaborating with and coordinating members across teams such as Design, Acquisition Marketing and Engineering
- Implementing new trigger communications based on customer behaviour, designed to initiate greater engagement
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant professional marketing experience with significant B2C marketing experience
- Relevant bachelor's degree
- Proven track record of using data analysis, A/B testing and result optimization
- A collaborative approach and the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Great written and verbal communication skills
Thoroughness, good organization skills and an eye for detail
It’s not a requirement, but it will boost your application if you:
- Have experience working in a start-up, fast-paced or agile work environment
- Have managed a team or mentored more junior members of staff - or are keen to.
- Have industry experience (but don’t be discouraged if you don’t!)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive, negotiable salary
- Three meals a day catered by our team of 3 in-house chefs
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Yearly training and conferences budget of £1,000 per employee
- A great work environment - you can find a lot about this online
- Flexibility in your role and a flat management style
- Meditation room, counseling co-pay scheme to promote well-being
- In-house/External monthly socials with drinks, food and activities included
- A gregarious, collaborative team
Unfortunately we are unable to secure a visa for this position currently so candidates in need of such will automatically be rejected.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.