Does the idea of working for a start-up excite you? Are you looking for a long-term part-time job? Then the 3D Hubs “Cross-dock assistant (package handler)”position is just what you have been looking for!
The face of manufacturing is changing and 3D Hubs’ distributed manufacturing network is right at the forefront. 3D Hubs is changing the way customers source parts and we are now looking for an energetic “Cross-dock assistant (package handler)” to join our team in Chicago.
In this role, you will coordinate the in/out of shipments through our warehouse to some of the biggest companies in the world. To be successful, you need to be highly organized, accurate, and physically able to move boxes varying in weights & sizes. This position is Mon-Fri from 1pm-5pm (20 hrs a week).
Sound like you? Click apply above!
What you'll do:
- Coordinate the inbound/outbound of orders at our in-house warehouse which consists of tracking, scanning, receiving, weighing, measuring, opening, inspecting, removing paperwork, repacking, relabelling, and shipping out using various couriers
- Responsible for the efficient and timely coordination of shipments while maintaining all required internal communications
- May use a pallet jack but does not operate a forklift
- Abide by all safety regulations set forth by OSHA and Facilities
- Maintain a clean and sanitary operating environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of working independently with little supervision
- Other duties as assigned
Why 3D Hubs?
- Must be able to work with computers, scanners, and google sheets
- Must be able to move boxes varying in weights & sizes
- You're looking for long term opportunity (no temp job seekers)
- A desire to improve efficiency and workflows
- An ownership mindset - you stick with an issue until it’s solved
- Bonus, but not required: Engineering background and/or technical knowledge of manufacturing technologies (CNC, Sheet Metal, Injection Molding, etc.)
Why 3D Hubs?
- Opportunity to have an impact in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth
- Dynamic, international team of 100+ people from (30+ nationalities), growing to 200+ in the next 12-18 months
- Hourly salary $15
- You work hard, you play hard. We believe in a healthy work-life balance.
- Awesome office close to the West Loop in Chicago
- Access to equipment, resources and training through the mHUB Innovation Centre
- Paid daily lunch (when in the office during lunch hours)
- Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 6,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.